Areca Backup 7.1.2
Areca Backup Review
|" Open source, easy to use and reliable backup solution. "
Areca Backup allows you to select a set of files/directories to back-up, choose where and how, they will be stored, and configure post-backup actions.
It has been designed to:
* Be as simple as possible to set up : No complex configuration files to edit - Your backup configuration (which is stored as an XML file) can be edited with Areca's graphical user interface.
* Be as versatile as possible : Areca can use advanced backup modes (like "delta backup") or simply produce a "basic" copy of your source files as a standard directory or zip archive (readable by WinZip or other archivers).
* Allow you to interact with your archives and the files they contain : Track different versions of a specific file, browse your archives, recover or view specific files, merge a set of archives, ...
Backup Engine Features:
* Archives compression (Zip & Zip64 format)
* Archives encryption (AES128 & AES256 encryption algorithms)
* Storage on local hard drive, network drive, USB key, FTP / FTPs server (with implicit and explicit SSL / TLS)
* Source file filters (by extension, subdirectory, regular expression, size, date, status, with AND/OR/NOT logical operators)
* Incremental, differential and full backup support
* Support for delta backup (store only modified parts of your files)
* Archives merges : You can merge contiguous archives into one single archive to save storage space.
* As of date recovery : Areca allows you to recover your archives (or single files) as of a specific date.
* Transaction mechanism : All critical processes (such as backups or merges) are transactional. This guarantees your backups' integrity.
* Backup reports : Areca generates backup reports that can be stored on your disk or sent by email.
* Post backup scripts : Areca can launch shell scripts after backup.
* Files permissions, symbolic links and named pipes can be stored and recovered. (Linux only)
Graphical User Interface:
* Backup simulation (check whether a backup is necessary)
* User's actions history
* File version tracking
* Archives content explorer
* Archive description
* Areca comes with a command-line interface which can be used for backup automation.
Top Related Downloads