FrontPage and SharePoint Designer
are great tools to create web sites. The fpHelp add-in renovates FrontPage or SharePoint Designer into the tool to create Help Contents, Newsletters, e-books, manuals, guides and Information delivery systems.
Authors can use fpHelp Builder to create online help for a software application or content for a multimedia title or web site. As an information delivery system, HTML Help is suited for a wide range of applications, including training guides, interactive books and electronic newsletters, as well as help for software applications.
The fpHelp Builder provides these features:
* FrontPage source files are compressed into a compiled help file, which uses far less disk space than the original source files.
* Compiled help files can be distributed along with a software product, or they can be quickly downloaded from a web site.
The main advantage of the fpHelp Builder is its simplicity and usability: in a few mouse clicks you will receive the CHM file from your FrontPage web site.
All features of the fpHelp Builder are now in one very uncomplicated form:
3 steps to get help file:
Step 1 Create web site in FrontPage/SharePoint Designer
Step 2 (optional) Insert keywords into page properties in Front Page/SharePoint Designer
Step 3 Start fpHelp Builder/SharePoint Designer - in a few seconds you will get the Help file from your web site
This is what will happen:
* Keywords from the FrontPage/SharePoint Designer web pages become your index tab.
* FrontPage/SharePoint Designer navigation structure becomes your CHM file (Help file or manual or guide).
* The contents from the FrontPage/SharePoint Designer web pages become the contents of the CHM Help pages.