May 15, 2015
Interpreters and Compilers Software
ActiveState Software Inc.
Mac Linux Windows 7 Windows Server 2008 Windows 8
Dev and test machines (non-production) only
|" Quality-assured, ready-to-install binary distribution of Perl for Windows. "
ActivePerl is a "merge" of the two popular Perl Win32 ports. It has the best of both, plus:
- a merge of ActiveState Perl Object technology into core Perl;
- support for standard extension mechanisms such as MakeMaker;
- easy installation and management of modules and extensions with Perl Package Manager;
- binaries for most CPAN modules, available from ActiveState's repository (including TK and GD);
- updated FAQs; and
- complete, integrated online help in HTML.
Perl is an interpreted language optimized for scanning arbitrary text files, extracting information from those text files, and printing reports based on that information.
The ActivePerl package has all you'll need to get Perl up and running, even with a Web server. It includes:
- Perl for Windows;
- the binary of the core Perl distribution;
- Perl for ISAPI, an IIS plug-in that makes Perl CGI lightning fast;
- PerlEz, for embedding Perl the easy way
- PerlEx, an IIS plug-in that precompiles and caches Perl CGI scripts
- the Perl Package Manager, a Perl extension installer and manager that allows you to easily install CPAN modules;
- complete documentation.
In this version, support has been enabled for large file access on all platforms, meaning that file manipulation facilities within Perl can cope with files larger than 2GB or 4GB. Many new modules are included as a standard part of Perl.
Top Related Downloads