May 15, 2015
Interpreters and Compilers Software
Windows 2000 Windows XP
|" An easy-to-use, all-in-one, full-featured Perl stuff package for Windows 2000/XP. "
PXPerl is an easy-to-use, all-in-one, full-featured Perl stuff package for Windows 2000/XP.
It consists of:
- Perl 5.8.7 compiled with Intel(R) C++ Compiler for maximum performance
- Lots of modules, selected on the fly from CPAN (PXPerl has obviously all modules ActivePerl has). Of which, for image manipulation: GraphicsMagick 1.1.6 and GD 2.0.33
- Pugs 6.2.9 (compiled with GHC), an early implementation of Perl 6 to see new language features in action
- Parrot 0.2.3
- SciTE 1.65 (Serge Baranov's distribution), a free syntax colourizing editor for editing your Perl scripts, the best you can find!
It has additionally:
- Nice documentation formatting
- Nice Tk interfaces to find documentation and configure
- Explorer integration (edit/run/test scripts), nice icons
PXPerl lets you install new modules with the Perl built-in CPAN script. No need for proprietary packages containing modules binaries, like ActivePerl
. You can basically choose whatever module you want from CPAN and install it.
If the module requires a C compiler, then PXPerl configures it for you. You can choose among these compilers: MinGW
, Microsoft C++ Compiler, and Intel C++ Compiler.
Top Related Downloads