RoboAuthor is a powerful visual HTMLHelp (.CHM) and WinHelp (.HLP) creator software: the easy way for creating professional Help systems and documentation for web-based and desktop software applications.
Creating a software manual with RoboAuthor is really a snap! Not just a compiler but a quick, powerful all-in-one environment for creating stunning Help files! It doesn't require any external editor, it is visual, easy to learn and to use.
- HTML Help with one click (requires Microsoft HTML Help workshop installed);
- both .CHM and .HLP (old WinHelp format) and Website with a single tool;
- Delphi, C++ MFC, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, Visual C, Java, even Microsoft Access, Visual Objects, Clarion, APL, Visual FoxPro...
- you can show a single topic from within any language;
- one manual, one source file;
- easy Table of Contents; easy keyword list; topics (pages) easy to add and to link
- frames, text styles, hot spots, popup windows, mouse over sensitive images, sounds, video, visual linking (no broken links, ever!): all without coding!
- optimized for large works (with the quick link feature you can manage 1000 pages with ease: no file names to remember, everything visual and damn fast);
- want to make the same change to every page of your manual? No problem, there is the global search and replace, or you can use headers and footers;
- CHM or HLP file is free for distribution, i.e. no royalties;
- easy to learn and easy to start;
- HTML export compatible with any browser
- small and smart: runs on MSWindows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003; even an old Pentium I 100Mhz with 16MB RAM and Win95 is fine;
- supports external plugins (such as 3D Buttons)
The program is very easy to use and will allow you to create your manual / Help system in an extremely short time.