dotConnect Universal 2.05
Dec 28, 2009
Databases and Networks Software
Core Lab Software Development
Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows NT Windows 2000 Windows ME Windows XP Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista
dotConnect Universal Review
|" An enhanced universal data provider for most of major database servers. "
dotConnect Universal offers universal access to data of different databases for the Microsoft .NET Framework. It supports most of major database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, InterBase, and Firebird. Other servers can be accessed through their ADO.NET, OLE DB and ODBC providers.
dotConnect Universal is based on ADO.NET technology and can be used in the same way as the SQL Server .NET Data Provider. The main feature of dotConnect Universal is an access to multiple database servers at the same code. With dotConnect Universal it is possible to avoid writing conditional code for different providers or using ADO.NET interfaces directly. dotConnect Universal implements full support of design-time development and integration with IDE, which allows to reduce development time greatly.
The following list presents the main advantages of the UniDirect .NET Data Provider.
- Universal access to data of different databases
- Supports all major databases
- Supports most of the popular ADO.NET providers
- 100% managed code
- High performance
- Bundled data providers for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- UniSQL for writing server-independent queries
- Provider-specific types infrastructure
- Fill DataSet with several CURSOR for Oracle Database
- Asynchronous execution support
- DataSet Wizard to leverage design-time setup
- Generate DataSet Wizard
- Support for Data Access Application Block in Enterprise Library
- ASP.NET data providers: Membership provider, Role provider, Session State provider, Profile provider
- Easy to deploy
- Base-Class-Based provider model
- .NET Compact Framework support
- Advanced connection pooling
- UniScript component to execute scripts
- Ability to retrieve metadata information
- Ability of monitoring query and stored procedures execution
- Advanced design-time editors
- Easy migration from SQL Server, OLE DB, ODBC and Oracle Data Providers with Migration Wizard
- Help integrated into Visual Studio .NET and Borland Delphi
- and many more
Top Related Downloads
||SQL Server Comparison Tool
Analyze, compare and document SQL Server databases.
||EMS PostgreSQL Manager Professional
A tool for PostgreSQL administration and development.
||dotConnect for MySQL
An enhanced data provider for MySQL-based database applications development.
Define database tables, fields, references, and generate the database
SQL Difference Manager for .NET to compare Scalar Functions, Table Functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes, and Stored Procedures.