dotConnect for PostgreSQL 3.75
Dec 28, 2009
Databases and Networks Software
Core Lab Software Development
Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows NT Windows 2000 Windows ME Windows XP Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista
dotConnect for PostgreSQL Review
|" An enhanced data provider for PostgreSQL-based database applications development. "
dotConnect for PostgreSQL, formerly known as PostgreSQLDirect .NET, is an enhanced data provider for PostgreSQL that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing PostgreSQL-based database applications. As part of the Devart database application development framework, dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers both high performance native connectivity to the PostgreSQL database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies.
dotConnect for PostgreSQL introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and leverages database application implementation.
The following list describes the main features of PostgreSQLDirect .NET.
* Direct access to PostgreSQL server
* 100% managed code
* High performance
* Easy to deploy
* Supports the latest versions of PostgreSQL server
* All PostgreSQL data types support
* .NET Compact Framework support
* Operates in both connected and disconnected models
* Powerful PgSqlDataTable component as all-in-one table data access solution
* Auxiliary components for SQL scripts and bulk data transfer
* Extra data binding capabilities
* Cross-form components cooperation
* Ability of monitoring query execution
PostgreSQLDirect .NET supports PostgreSQL server since 7.1 version to 8.2, Pervasive Postgres SQL server. The provider works with .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and .NET Compact Framework 1.1 and 2.0, and can be used with the following development environments:
* Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005
* Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
* Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002
* Turbo Delphi for .NET Professional
* Turbo C# Professional
* Borland Developer Studio 2006
* Borland Developer Studio 2005
* Borland Delphi 8
* Borland C#Builder
PostgreSQLDirect .NET can be used together with UniDirect .NET data provider that provides universal access to different databases within a single code.
Top Related Downloads
||SQL Server Comparison Tool
Analyze, compare and document SQL Server databases.
||EMS PostgreSQL Manager Professional
A tool for PostgreSQL administration and development.
||dotConnect for MySQL
An enhanced data provider for MySQL-based database applications development.
Define database tables, fields, references, and generate the database
SQL Difference Manager for .NET to compare Scalar Functions, Table Functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes, and Stored Procedures.