With Add-in Express 2008 for Delphi you can create deployable, updatable, secure and isolated, version-neutral feature-rich plug-ins for all available Microsoft Office versions, including Office 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP) and Office 2000.
Add-in Express is completely based on the Rapid Application Development (RAD) paradigm which allows creating professional application-level Office plugins without coding their GUI. Also, Add-in Express provides your add-ins with version-neutrality, i.e. you write add-in code once and have it work transparently across Microsoft Office 2000 through 2007.
With visual designers of Add-in Express you can:
- Build new or customize existing toolbars, menus and sub-menus on Microsoft Office 2000 - 2003.
- Add new or customizing existing tabs for the Office 2007 Ribbon UI, build the Quick Access Toolbar and the Office Menu.
- Develop your own task panes for Office 2007 applications.
- Access any Office objects, handle any Office events.
- Customize Microsoft Outlook windows, views and forms with advanced form regions.
- Develop application-level keyboard shortcuts.
- Add Outlook option and property pages.
- Intercept any built-in controls.
- Develop Smart Tag recognizers.
- Program Microsoft Excel RTD servers and topics.
Your extensions developed with Add-in Express for Delphi VCL will work on all end-user applications from the Microsoft Office family: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, MapPoint, Publisher, Access, FrontPage and InfoPath. Add-in Express is developed in Borland Delphi and directly supports Delphi 5, 6, 7, Delphi 2005, 2006 and 2007, including the Architect, Enterprise and Professional Delphi editions.