Use visual designers of Add-in Express 2007 for .NET to develop secure and isolated, version-neutral and feature-rich, deployable and updatable extensions for all available Microsoft Office versions, including Office 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP) and Office 2000.
Project templates of Add-in Express support all Office extensibility technologies including COM add-ins, smart tags, real-time data servers and Excel user-defined functions.
With Add-in Express 2007 you can create both application-specific extensions, e.g. Outlook plug-ins or Word smart tags, and shared extensions that work on all end-user applications from the Microsoft Office family: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, MapPoint, Publisher, Access, FrontPage and InfoPath.
Use visual designers provided by Add-in Express to:
- Build new or customize existing toolbars, menus and sub-menus on Microsoft Office 2000 - 2003.
- Add new or customizing existing tabs for the Office 2007 Ribbon UI, build the Quick Access Toolbar and the Office Menu.
- Develop your own task panes for Office 2007 applications.
- Access any Office objects, handle any Office events.
- Customize Microsoft Outlook windows, views and forms with advanced form regions.
- Develop application-level keyboard shortcuts.
- Add Outlook option and property pages.
- Use any .NET controls on Microsoft Office toolbars.
- Intercept any built-in controls.
- Develop Smart Tag recognizers.
- Program Microsoft Excel RTD servers and topics.
- And, write a version-neutral applied code that works transparently on all Office versions.
Add-in Express 2007 for .NET is developed in C# and directly supports C#, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), C++, J# and Delphi for .NET. Add-in Express supports Visual Studio 2003 and 2005, .NET Framework 1.0 and higher.