Taro Software's IsItUp - When you need to know the status of your network. IsItUp monitors multiple network, email, website devices around the clock and notifies you, via email or pager, of the status of that device - when it goes down, and when it comes back up!
IsItUp maintains complete statistics for each device it monitors - up time, maximum response time, minimum response time, standard deviation and a host of other measurements. What's more, it tracks the last successful and last failed Traceroute to a destination so it can determine where the break-down occurred. IsItUp can continuously monitors multiple "pingable" devices using TCP/IP's Ping utility; it tests email servers by bouncing messages off auto-reply accounts and websites by using HTTP. Devices are monitored at specified intervals, notifying you, by email alert, pager alert or phone, when they go down - or come back up.
- Monitor any number of devices, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Checks TCP/IP (ping) devices, websites, LAN servers, email servers, switches, routers, etc.
- Graphical interface is easy to customize and use
- Configuration "wizard" makes it easy to add devices and configure options
- Watch any mail system by sending email messages and looking for returned echos
- System tests reports on uptime, average response time, and logs all data to a Microsoft Access database for you to work with on your own
- notification by pager (modem), mail (MAPI or SMTP), or execute a batch job
- multiple people can receive status notifications and each person has their own rules
- rules allow you to specify how many times a query fails
- notify on every "nth" failure
- option to notify you when an item returns to operation (comes back up)