Aug 16, 2009
Newsgroup Readers Software
Unix Mac Linux Windows XP Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista
|" An open-source cross-platform binary newsreader written in Python. "
What is SABnzbd?
SABnzbd is a free/open-source cross-platform binary newsreader written in Python.
It simplifies the process of downloading from Usenet dramatically, thanks to its friendly web-based user interface and advanced built-in post-processing options that automatically verify, repair, extract and clean up posts downloaded from Usenet. SABnzbd also has a fully customizable user interface, and offers a complete API for third-party applications to hook into.
Fully automated downloading:
* Picks up NZB files from a special folder
* Par2-repair and unpack to suitable folder
* Process RSS feeds from sites like www.newzbin.com and tvnzb.com
* Automatic TV season folder sorting
* Receive email on job completion
* Bandwidth limiter
* Special situations
* Define categories to store downloads in the right folder
* Precise folder assignment
* Allow download on one computer, control from another one
* Multiple skins
* Special iPhone skin
* RSS Feed for history (to be read in a RSS-reader)
* SSL (secure-NNTP)
* Define multiple Usenet servers
* Scheduling of downloading
Extensive www.newzbin.com support:
* Use report numbers (long and short)
* Download bookmarks
* Process RSS feeds based on searches
* Make use of categories
* API for third party tools
Top Related Downloads
Reads usenet postings on your PC or to MP3.
This utility allows centralized management of your all diaries and blogs regardless of its Internet location.
Get LARGE files like MP3, RAR, MPG, and ZIP from usenet easy -with yEnc support.
A web newsreader, rss aggregator and news grabber tool.
Proficient tool designed to post messages to newsgroups from various resources.