|" An open-source and fast reader for RSS, RDF and Atom Newsfeeds. "
What is RSSOwl?
Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or "aggregators." RSSOwl is such an application. RSSOwl lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and much more. It's easy to configure, available in many many languages and the best of all: It's platform-independent.
RSSOwl is also free, fast, cross-platform, and unobtrusive. It's easy to install, easy to use, and easy to move or remove.
What is RSS?
RSS ("Really Simple Syndication" or "Rich Site Summary") is a document specification that gives users the power to collect and organize Web-based news and information in a more efficient manner.
The owl is a traditional symbol of wisdom, and a quiet, efficient hunter. You'll find RSSOwl's "big eyes" a big help when scanning the Web's vast array of RSS sources.
* Import your favorite newsfeeds using the OPML format.
* Bookmark your favorite newsfeeds in nested categories.
* Import Blogrolls into RSSOwl.
* Switch on the internal browser to read news that contain HTML.
* Select a newsfeed, a single news or an entire category of newsfeeds to export the content into one of the formats PDF, RTF or HTML.
* RSSOwl's internal panels are highly customizable. Choose between a 2-column and a 3-column layout.
* A lot of search-options make RSSOwl a powerful application to search inside a newsfeed or an entire category.
* The integrated newsfeed-search engine allows to search for newsfeeds by keyword.
* Tired of copying and pasting newsfeeds out of a website into your newsreader? Simply enter the website containing links to newsfeeds into the feed-discovery and RSSOwl will show all the newsfeeds it has found.
* The integrated feedvalidator allows to check the validity of a newsfeed.
* Access password protected newsfeeds.
* The Toolbar allows to execute common commands "Mark All Read" or "Next Unread News".
* RSSOwl is highly customizable.
Top Related Downloads