Nov 4, 2015
Chatting and IRC Software
The Instantbird Team
Mac Linux Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10
For Mac OS X: Version 10.5 or later
|" A simple, customizable and powerful open-source instant messaging client that supports multiple transport protocols. "
Instantbird is a simple yet powerful instant messenger that will help you manage all your real-time communications. It is a cross-platform application therefore will work on all computer Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
Instantbird's supported transport protocols are:
- Facebook Chat
- Google Talk
- Novell Groupwise
- Jabber (XMPP)
Additional protocol plugins can be installed as add-ons. Several other add-ons are also available to extend and personalize Instandbird and are categorized into dictionaries and language packs, emoticons, message styles, security, theme, usability, developers and plugins.
- Connect to multiple accounts from any supported protocols simultaneously
- Multi-user chats
- Integrated with easy-to-use and clutter-free user interface
- Contact the same person several ways; just drop a contact onto another
- Open-source and free thus you don't have to pay to use it and no ads or annoying promotions
- Can be installed without admin privileges
- Conversations are grouped in tabs allowing you to drag to reorder them or move a conversation into a new window
- Available in 13 major languages.
By default, Instantbird creates logs of conversations and chats. You can enable or disable this feature on the 'Privacy' pane in the 'Options' menu.
Top Related Downloads
Send instant messages, photos and chat with those around you in crowded places with no internet, data plan or mobile phone coverage needed!
A superfast cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging client with end-to-end encryption.
||AOL Instant Messenger
Exchange Instant Messages with your friends, family and co-workers on the Internet.
Seek out friends and colleagues on the Internet and communicate with them in real time.
||Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger)
Chat online via text, voice or even video conversation - in real time - with your friends, family or colleagues.