Jul 31, 2009
Chatting and IRC Software
OS X 10.4.0 or newer
|" A free instant messaging application for Mac OS X that can connect to AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more. "
Adium is a free and open source instant messaging application for Mac OS X, written using Mac OS X's Cocoa API, released under the GNU GPL and developed by the Adium team. Based on the libpurple protocol library, Adium can connect you to any number of messaging accounts on any combination of supported messaging services and then chat with other people using those services.
Adium is a third-party client for connecting to services run by other people (mostly companies).
* AOL Instant Messenger, including ICQ and MobileMe (formerly known as .Mac)
* MSN Messenger
* Jabber, including Google Talk and LiveJournal
* Yahoo! Messenger, including Yahoo! Japan
* Bonjour, compatible with iChat
* MySpace IM
* Facebook Chat
* Lotus Sametime
* Novell Groupwise
* Open Source, so everyone can see how Adium works and help improve it
* Support for multiple services
* A delightful UI - Tabbed chat windows
* Mac OS X integration - Address Book integration, WebKit Message View: Theme your chat windows
* Combined Contacts: Merge your contacts so that each one represents a person, not an account
* A sophisticated events system (including Growl notifications)
* OTR Encryption
* File Transfer
* Xtras and many, many other customization options
* A beautiful icon
* Translations: Adium speaks 27 different languages
NOTE: Adium X 0.88 and later are Universal applications which run natively on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Top Related Downloads
Allows you to send and receive video, audio, and chat in real-time across the Internet.
Quickly exchange messages in real-time with all your online friends.
A powerful marketing and promotional tool for sending messages to ICQ users.
An instant messaging system for your LAN or intranet.
A feature rich Internet Relay-Chat (IRCX) Server for IRC clients such as mIRC.