Jul 4, 2015
CAD, 3D Design and Modeling Software
Mac Linux Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows Server 2008 Windows 8 Windows Server 2012
250MB disk space; Graphic card OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) Version 1.2 and above
|" An easy-to-use 3D computer graphics software middleware designed for the prototyping of photo realistic humanoids or virtual humans. "
MakeHuman is a tool designed with easy-to-use interface to simplify the creation of virtual humans using a Graphical User Interface (GUI). This is a specialized branch of the more general subject of 3D modelling.
MakeHuman allows you to quickly produce a wide array of realistic virtual humans with only a few clicks of the mouse and be able to render or export them for use in other projects.
Humans are created through the manipulation of controls that allow for the blending of different human attributes to create unique 3D human characters. The controls are intended to provide the user with a simple way to create characters that give expression to the widest possible range of human forms.
The controllable attributes are broken into two groups: macro and detail.
- The macro targets deal with overall human characteristics like gender, age, height, weight and ethnicity.
- The detail targets allow for the character to be further refined by focusing on the low level details of such things as the eye's shape or finger's length.
MakeHuman can be used in 2 different workflows:
- Short Pipeline:
For quick character prototyping and 2D art. You define the characters, adds clothes, hair, a pose and expressions and run the render to obtain an image of the character. Common output usage: preview, fine-art, blueprints, illustrations, storyboards, comics. No special skill required.
- Long Pipeline:
For creating 3D character in rest-posed for external software such as Blender, Maya, Max and C4D, in order to be tweaked, animated and rendered. Common usage: games. Requires professional skills and good working knowledge of external tools.
- Professional mesh topology
- Define human characteristics
- Change skin and materials for hair and clothes
- Parametric modelling and sliders usage
- Modifiers for gender, face, torso, arms and legs, age, neck, tone, muscle, measure (height, chest, waist, hips, )
- Quick and advanced rendering
- Measurement system: Metric (meters, centimeters) and Imperial (inch, feet)
- Autozoom camera to zone of interest
- Illustrate images sliders' effect
- Theme and languages settings
- Important startup option for performance and startup loading time
- Background opacity and position
- Shortcut keys
MakeHuman features are made available using modules called plugins (Settings tab). You can disable or enable a particular feature to improve performance or if a particular plugin is giving problems on your computer.
Top Related Downloads