Sweet Home 3D is an open-source and free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. You may draw the walls of your rooms upon the image of an existing plan, and then, drag and drop furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
* User interface: Furniture catalog, Home plan, Home furniture list, Home 3D view
* Import the scanned blueprint of your home as a background image of the plan pane,
* Draw walls upon this background image,
* Edit walls thickness, colors and textures,
* Add doors and windows to your home plan and adjust their size, to obtain a realistic view of your empty home,
* Add furniture to your home plan, adjust their size and location, eventually using imported 3D models,
* Draw rooms and change the color or the texture of their floor and their ceiling,
* Draw dimensions and add texts in your home plan to document it before printing it.