LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary English <-> German for Palm OS 3.2.85
Aug 7, 2006
Learn Languages Software
RAM 3 MB (1.8 MB free)
10% of word base available
LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary English <-> German for Palm OS Review
|" This clever dictionary with 400,000 words database translates both ways. "
LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary English <-> German for Palm OS provides bidirectional word translation and speech synthesis.
Make your Palm speak English with LingvoSoft Talking Bidirectional Dictionary! Just select any English word and with one click make the speech synthesizer pronounce it for you. The synthesizer (Text-to-Speech engine) is based on a new approach to speech synthesis, i.e. formant synthesis, which creates a human voice simulation by modeling the sounds of natural language.
This new dictionary is an extensive language resource. It features a searchable database of 400,000 words and phrases. Each entry is completed with part of speech information and several translation options for all polysemantic words.
The new software is a combination of ease-of-use and flexibility.
The Talking Dictionary for Palm OS has the following features:
- Advanced English speech synthesis. The function is built on the TTS (Text-to-Speech) technology.
- MorphoFinder function helps you find source words (headwords) for English past participles, gerunds, plural forms, and adjective forms
- Spell-checker Vector Ultima. It allows you to enter a word as you hear it and choose a spelling option from the list of suggestions.
- High Resolution support
- Overview of all dictionary entries in the Main List.
- Overview of all possible translations of the selected word in the Translations' List.
- Quick back translation for proof of correct understanding.
- Quick search function: just start typing a word in the Input Line and words starting with these letter combinations will be displayed.
- Switch between languages quickly. By pressing the pop-up trigger in the upper right corner you can change the translation direction.
Top Related Downloads