Feb 18, 2016
E-books and Literature Software
Unix Mac Linux Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10
|" Manage and organize your ebook collections with a single, free and easy-to-use application. "
calibre is a powerful yet easy-to-use utility application to manage and organize your ebook library. It supports a variety of ebook formats including PDF, EPUB and AZW3 (Kindle) and reading devices.
calibre comes with a useful ebooks editor that allows you to create, edit, convert and read ebooks. The editor comes with a live preview and shows you the HTML and CSS used internally inside the ebook. It is also built-in with automated cleanup and tasks fixing tools.
- Books Organizer:
- Add books
- Edit metadata
- Convert books
- Read books
- Get books
- Remove books
- Mark books
- Fetch news
- Search books
- Group books by metadata fields
- Change the look and feel with icon themes
- Books Editor:
- Convert all ebook formats to Microsoft Word files including images, text styles, embedded fonts and tables.
- Reports tool to show summaries of files, images, links, words, characters and styles used in an ebook
- Spelling checker with built-in dictionaries
- Live CSS panel to show you all the style rules
- Add snippets (small pieces of reusable text) into text
- Viewer supports touch screens on tablets
- Live preview of changes
- Compare books to show differences in text, styles and images after editing or converting
- Checkpoints allows you to save the current state of a book and revert if you don't like the change made
- Advanced search and replace functions
- Automated tools to fix HTML, remove unused CSS rules, smarten punctuation, embed reference fonts, add a cover and edit table of contents
- Extendable features with plugins
If you are using Windows XP, please download calibre 1.48. calibre 2.x is incompatible with Windows XP.
Top Related Downloads