MySQL (Windows) 5.7.17
MySQL (Windows) Review
|" The free and popular MySQL relational database server for Windows. "
The MySQL database server is the world's most popular open source relational database. Over six million installations use MySQL to power high-volume Web sites and other critical business systems - including industry-leaders like The Associated Press, Yahoo, NASA, Sabre Holdings and Suzuki.
MySQL is an attractive alternative to higher-cost, more complex database technology. Its award-winning speed, scalability and reliability make it the right choice for corporate IT departments, Web developers and packaged software vendors.
MySQL database server includes all of the required enterprise features plus many innovations:
- Multiple storage engines including full transaction support with commit, rollback, crash recovery and low-level locking capabilities. You can select from a range of storage engines from fast in-memory operation to full transaction support and clustering for high-availability.
- Query caching delivers significant performance benefits and with database replication, many slave servers can run off a single master server increasing both speed and robustness.
- A robust security system with advanced permissions and support for SSL transport-layer encryption provides robust application security.
- Full text indexing and searching enables rapid searching of text fields for words and phrases. This includes relevance rankings, exact phrase matching and Boolean search operators.
MySQL installer is only available in 32-bit (x86) but it runs on both 32 and 64-bit operating systems.
- The Standard Community Version download is recommended for offline installation. It includes all MySQL applications.
- The Web Community Version is recommended for online installation. It does not include any MySQL applications. You choose to download the products you want to install.
Top Related Downloads