TypeRegistered User
Member sinceMay 2019
Profile views66
I am a working expat in Malaysia, on a 2 year work permit. My partner and child came on a 3 month tourist VISA in Malaysia and there was a delay in attaining their dependant passes. As a result, we have only recently discovered that they have overstayed by 2 months in the country.

My child attends kindergarten in Malaysia. What would the consequences be in this case?  Would my partner face any compounding or prison time? What documents does he need to prepare in order to "surrender"? Will he be mistreated if travelling with a minor? And is there a preference for which country's passport you hold as a foreigner?

I would still be staying in the country because of my work permit. Does my work permit offer any leniency for their surrender?

please could you supply any information that would be helpful.
0 Answers   1 Questions
This user has not answered any questions   View all questions this user asked
0 Comments   0 Votes Cast
all time by type
0 Helpful votes