Working more than 180days outside malaysia

392 Views  ⚫  Asked 6 Years Ago
asked on Oct 8, 2012 at 05:47
Hi ,

I am working as service engineer and I am travelling more than 180 days in a year overseas
Do I have to pay tax?

So far I am paying tax but someone told me that if I am more than 180days outside Malaysia then I am tax

Is it true.

Thanks in advance

0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Oct 8, 2012 at 07:29
I would like to add to the above question.

As an engineer I am currently working for an international company in Malaysia, its HQ is in Europe.
My job  assignments comes from the HQ through its sister company in Malaysia.

My my travels are to many countries around the world, altogether in a year i travel about 200 days.
So again the same question , do I have to pay tax.

Thanks again in advance for the reply.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 26, 2013 at 15:34
Have you talk with your company HR? I am sure such a big corporation would have an in-house legal advisor who can help you on both personnel and corporate taxation etc.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.