Need Criminal Lawyer Advice URGENTLY!(money being cheated by partner

1391 Views  ⚫  Asked 8 Years Ago
asked on Jun 17, 2014 at 13:03
Dear All!!I need your advice or help urgently.
I had previously invited as one of the Sdn Bhd's director in year 2012. And another director's name was my partner's husband name.
I didn't manage the operation of the business due to I was having my own job as well.
starting from end of 2012, the partner(lady) start request me to pay several bills which outstanding from suppliers. I was so worry that my name would be affected due to I am one of the Director so I am stupid enough to pay for it.
It keep happening till mid of 2013. She email me a statement and bills copy mentioned that we had signed advertisement with this company and owe up to RM4mil!!
I was so worry and didn't think much!!Or didnt even investigate more!
Hence then my existing working company pay part of the money to the advertising company up to nearly RM1mil and I had signed a guarantee identity mentioned that I owe them this much of funds.
At end of year 2013,I further check under advice and realised that this so called advertising company was register by my partner husband(which is the director) in only mid of 2013.
And all the bills shown was year 2012 and early of 2013!
Then I realised it is a business criminal case!I was being cheated.

Now my working company want to file to civil case soon if I couldnt repay the money back to them!
I wonder what can I do now.How to file a criminal file against them?
Due to the money wasn't pay by me but by my working company.
Do I have any right to chase back the money?Or should I get any letter from working company so whatever funds I can chased back directly pay back to my working company?
The evidence I have now is :-
Statement from the company they billed me
Invoice copy from the company they billed me
SSM search for the company(which indicate the partner name)

Remark: I know I was stupid. But I do not wish to hear any comment of accusing my stupidness anymore but directly give me a useful advice.
Thanks alot!
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
4 Answers

answered on Jun 17, 2014 at 18:53
You were previously stupid and still stupid today.
If you think there is a crime committed, you should file a police report and let them handle, not search for a stupid lawyer.

Just because your partner's husband is a director of the advertising company does not mean any crime has been committed.
If you can show that the advertising company billed your company for non-existent services/advertisements, now that is a cheating case.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 17, 2014 at 20:51
what I need is a useful advice
Not stupidness answer.

Has been said, the company only been register(Setup) in mid of 2013 which all bills are billed dated 2012 and early 2013.How is it possible the bills are real.So it's obviously a cheating case.

I am now what to know if we should find a lawyer for their advice first or what?
Even if you go for police directly, they would ask you to find the lawyer yourself or how.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 17, 2014 at 23:42
Even if you go for police directly, they would ask you to find the lawyer yourself or how.
Another stupid remark.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 18, 2014 at 09:23
You may obtain free advice from one of Malaysia Bar's Legal Aid centers before getting a lawyer involved. One of the rules is the legal aid center does not recommend lawyers. However if you meet the criteria, you get free services.

0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.