refusal to refund overcharged amount

242 Views  ⚫  Asked 10 Years Ago
asked on Feb 1, 2009 at 12:02
i was over charged by a airline because the agent in the call center in malaisa did not know his job, i gave the corect information to the agent but was overcharged,
they have refused to refund the overcharged money, and say that all i can have is a credit file for the money they admit  that they overcharged and this lasts three months and then lost.
is this legally alowed to be done in malaisa.
thank you for any help
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:56
if there is any form of dispute, there are a few options to pursue the case. you could either approach a lawyer, fight the case out in the courts knowing that there are chances it will be heard in maybe 3 years. Again, knowing that, when the verdict comes around, you might or might not get what you want. There is another approach... talk and negotiate. For all you know it might be that simple. This is what MEDIATION is about. Maybe you think it is difficult for you to do it on your own. Well you don't have to. A mediator is a third party who is neutral and acts as a facilitator. I have used one along the way and they are based in Kl but do call them to see if Mediation can help you. His number is 03-22890775. You might also want to try 014-6417833. No harm asking him some questions on the mediation process. It is an impartial one, all discussions are private and it really is the party that decides on the really, you have the controls. the settlement agreement at the end of the day is prepared by the mediator and it is a binding contract . Plus the fees are really low compared to legal proceedings plus it is made known before mediation begins. Most importantly is that both party wins !
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.