Opening a clinic

1933 Views  ⚫  Asked 14 Years Ago
asked on Oct 4, 2004 at 21:38
by   izwan

I'm planning to open up a clinic soon. My friends say, to open up a clinic, it's not neccessary to open a company. Just use my APC (Annual Practising Cert) and just apply the license from the local authority (e.g MPSJ) and once I ahve the license, I can straight away open a clinic.

Is it true?; OR

Do I have to register Enterprise or Company?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
17 Answers
« Previous   1   2   Next »

answered on Feb 15, 2012 at 19:56
by   Smallsilver
I have a question here. Is the below answer is only for operating the clinic in west malaysia or both applicable to east malaysia as well. One of my client, a practising doctor, ask about can he operate his clinic under "sdn bhd". We have this query is because we only see the clinic operate under "sole prop" or "partnership" here in sarawak. Or is there anyway i can get the guideline for this? Thank you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 31, 2012 at 16:02
by   Tarra Panda
Usually Clinics will operate under sole proprietor or partnership. This is because to incorporate a company, the yearly maintenance cost is much higher as you are required to retain a auditor and company secretary. The issue usually boils down to cost factor. However, if you are looking at exposure of liability, then, one should consider setting up a private limited company.

Hope this information help
0 found this helpful

answered on May 16, 2013 at 19:55
by   YouGotMe
You can ask the subcon company for A to Z procedure to set up a clinic and also License application process..
here's some company doing A to Z for start up doctors wishes to open new clinics or branch.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 14, 2014 at 03:09
by   justshared
Please read here :

Guidelines/Procedures to Open a Clinic in Malaysia - MMA
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 17, 2014 at 05:18
by   derekwilson
Yes you are right, you don't need to register a company.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 12, 2014 at 07:54
by   james
Really that was amazing information on your forum with great and lot of topics. Thanks for sharing.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 11, 2016 at 23:24
by   Bechside Bhai
My advise to you is to form a company which will own the clinic and employ you. The directors of your company can be individuals such as your wife or relative or accountant or some else. The purpose of using a company rather than yourself is that your liability is then limited.

If say you perform a procedure on a patient and the patient suffers permanent damage or is incapacitated, their insurer or they themselves in thir own right could sue you for large amounts of money. As an individual your liability is unlimited. As a corporation (company) your liability is limited to the value of the company in its paid up capital amount. Additionally your ability to wind up and to move on unscathed is far greater than it would be if you were operating as an individual.

It always pays to do a risk assessment of your position when considering such options. Medicine and the practice of medicine is fraught with risk.
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   Next »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.