Injury at work

439 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Apr 6, 2015 at 19:05
If an employee received an injury at place of work, what kind of report(s) has to be lodged?
For your info, a family member who work in medical institution received injury at place of work. She received treatment and medical leaves, but faced some difficulties when trying to lodge report of the incident to proper channels. And currently, it seems the employer who she reported the incident to has some conflict of interest. What does she need
to do to protect herself and her position?

Is it legal for the HR to advise employee not to lodge a police report? As to my understanding, the incident at workplace need to be reported to the police, and even suggested by law. To make it worse, some implications were given that if a police report is made, she could be fired.

Need advice on this. TQ
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Sep 20, 2017 at 19:53
Is it legal for the HR to advise employee not to lodge a police report? 
Is it illegal to give advices? If it is illegal then all the advises tendered in this forum is in boiling soup.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.