termination problem

345 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Aug 9, 2014 at 04:49
Hi all,

I have been working for a company for around 1 year as a production welder Daily Salary RM110.00 per day and gets benefit such as EPF, SOCSO and Public Holiday, but this company doesn't give any employment/appointment letter and confirmation letter to me.

Until last month, the company said that they are having financial problem, they just told me to leave the job and just given 1 week notice (without any letter). So, on the last day that is 31/7/14, i took my salary and leave.

I understand that I can go personally to the local Labour Department and make a compensation claim for 4 weeks salary.

But what if the company said that i quit the job myself ? because there isn't any letter or prove from the company that they ask me to leave.

Pls advice. Thanks
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
3 Answers

answered on Aug 9, 2014 at 18:19
You should write to the Company and put on record what had transpired and then make sure the letter is acknowledged by the Company and you can then use that to lodge a complaint at the Labour Department for termination benefits or you can file a claim at the Industrial Relations Department for unfair dismissal.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 12, 2014 at 22:28
I already left the company and there is no more chance to write in the letter and acknowledged by the them.

I will make a report at local Labour Department, but what if the company argue back that i quit myself ?

What should i do ? Do i still have the chance to get the compensation claim ?

Pls advice.

0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 14, 2014 at 17:12
Hi all

Need advise urgently.

Thanks all.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.