Advertisement

Retrechment

306 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Jun 23, 2014 at 15:47
by   100plus
Thanks for your reply and great information of  -The company cannot compensate me by performance.
By reference to our message communicated on 20th and 21st June at this forum, i would like to seek your personal/professional opinion further.

Our discussion was hold via video conference with our departmental head based at US in our regional office at Singapore with the physical attendance of the regional HR Manager. Without equipped myself with any knowledge of law , I  verbally told them it was fair and i am going to accept that offer during the conference in last Tuesday. They indicated that:  The company is going to be my referree in my job hunting, they will indicate that i resign by my own.

Well......I see that in such "exchanged condition", i would have ruinned my future/career if I am not going to accept such "condition" but escalating this case to Industrial Court as per your information. May I know If this consideration is correct ?

However, I do have the concern that my GM and superior may not realize their promise and try to avoid answer any call/email from retruitment agencies /prospective companies when they attempt to contact them for referree. 

The regional HR verbally informed me the video conference scheduled at last Tuesday only 4 days prior to last Tuesday. After the conference call,  she didnt write me an email on the "last day" at last Friday when she noticed me a letter is ready. I will be going to our Malaysia office this afternoon. I think I should delay them if I am asked to sign any documentation ?

During the video conference, they mentioned they will pay the 4 months compensations by end of this months.

Appreciate your further advice.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
Favorite
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jun 26, 2014 at 02:00
by   arun1011
Thanks for your reply and great information of -The company cannot compensate me by performance. [Arun -  I do not understand what you mean by company cannot compensate by performance]
By reference to our message communicated on 20th and 21st June at this forum, i would like to seek your personal/professional opinion further.
Our discussion was hold via video conference with our departmental head based at US in our regional office at Singapore with the physical attendance of the regional HR Manager. Without equipped myself with any knowledge of law , I verbally told them it was fair and i am going to accept that offer during the conference in last Tuesday. They indicated that: The company is going to be my referree in my job hunting, they will indicate that i resign by my own.

Well......I see that in such "exchanged condition", i would have ruinned my future/career if I am not going to accept such "condition" but escalating this case to Industrial Court as per your information. May I know If this consideration is correct ? [Arun - If I understand you correctly, you are afraid that if you file a case at Industrial Court, this might affect your future prospects of employment. Well that depends because most companies now do reference check and if your ex company does not provide a good reference to you, then your future employer might ask why you left and they might further ask you that if you felt what your ex employer did was wrong, then why didn't you file a claim at Industrial Court]

However, I do have the concern that my GM and superior may not realize their promise and try to avoid answer any call/email from retruitment agencies /prospective companies when they attempt to contact them for referree.

The regional HR verbally informed me the video conference scheduled at last Tuesday only 4 days prior to last Tuesday. After the conference call, she didnt write me an email on the "last day" at last Friday when she noticed me a letter is ready. I will be going to our Malaysia office this afternoon. I think I should delay them if I am asked to sign any documentation ?

During the video conference, they mentioned they will pay the 4 months compensations by end of this months.
[Arun - if there was some sort of negotiations which have been documented to show that the 4 months is mutually accepted, then you will have an uphill battle if you file a case at Industrial Court. But if the offer of 4 months is just unilateral by the Company which leaves you with no other choice, then you still have a good case at Industrial Court]

Appreciate your further advice.
0 found this helpful
Helpful

Your Answer





By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.