Adopting a foreigner's child

225 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Jul 2, 2014 at 18:54
Hi, any legal advise here is appreciated. I am Malaysian and my husband is German. We are living in Singapore at the moment.

I was wondering how do I go about adopting my husband's child as a step parent? Do I do it in Singapore or Malaysia (although I have not lived there for a year). How long will the process take and what kind of documentation is involved?

The child would have German nationality but I would like to have my name as the mother in a legal document. if any one has any recommendation of a law firm that can handle cases like this, pls let me know.

0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.