Solution of marriage for Muslim & non-Muslim without converting

5399 Views  ⚫  Asked 6 Years Ago
asked on Jan 2, 2012 at 21:19
by   Dwight
edited on Jul 18, 2017 at 09:23
I am a non-Muslim with my boyfriend who are Muslim are finding way to get marry without converting.

We are both still staying in Malaysia, is finding country to move on.

1. Is that possible for us to register our marriage in other country like Singapore but we are not the citizen or permanent resident?

2. If can, then our marriage registration in Singapore need to be registered according to Malaysian Marriage Law?

3. So how if we both get marry in other country, then the baby is Malaysian or that country citizen?

4. If we get marry in other country without me converting, is that impossible for me to go back to Malaysia? or... we can go back but not for long period to avoid the penalty of Syariah?

5. Can you please suggest to me the best solution for our marriage without converting?
1 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
9 Answers

answered on Jan 31, 2012 at 14:43
by   lea22
edited Jul 18, 2017 at 09:24
Same situation here. Me and my boyfriend will do whatever it takes to marry without conversion.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 21, 2013 at 03:40
by   1bolehland
edited Jul 18, 2017 at 09:27
1. In Malaysia, there are 1000's of couples like you.
2. Don't expect any helpful answer to any questions regarding mixed marriage when it comes to ISLAM, except "can not".
3. You can live together, but complications will happen when/if kids come into picture.
4. Reason for this is that in Malaysia, corrupt politics (Apartheid) have interfered and rule issues like freedom of choice.
5. Suggest you move away from the country when you have kids, at least the kids will have freedom of choice.
6. That is what I have done with my "Muslim" partner. She is a Christian, cursed with an IC that says "ISLAM". She never chose that - her parents did.

Best of luck!
1 found this helpful

answered on May 4, 2013 at 12:56
by   Syariah Law
edited Jul 18, 2017 at 09:29
Ahahaa... So sorry, you can't marry without converting. However, if you decide to convert to get married properly you can go to Jabatan Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (JAWI) and convert on the same day and received RM1,500 gift money. You can keep your old name, just add Abdullah or any other Abdul ___ at the end of it.

Download marriage application form from the internet.

You will need: -
1. Pengesahan Mastautin from the local mosque or ...
2. HIV blood test result
3. Copies of ICs

Permission to marry is granted within 48 hours and then you can do a registry marriage in the religious dept and have your "grand wedding ceremony"   Somewhere else. If you love each other then make the sacrifice.
1 found this helpful

answered on Dec 3, 2014 at 03:21
by   abbymei
edited Jul 18, 2017 at 09:31
@Syariah Law

I have already converted and get my sijil. Why I never receive the RM1,500 as mentioned by you? Is it taken by themselves already?
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 5, 2017 at 16:40
by   Boboi
edited Jul 18, 2017 at 09:32
Sad to say that you have to CONVERT to Islam before marry. I have a Muslim girlfriend as well and we plan to move to another country without anyone interfering our daily life as well as choice of religion. Also, it is good for your child as it will not be cursed with Islam at the birth certificate and ID. 
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 15, 2017 at 02:57
by   mecha
Destination is quite far to run...
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 20, 2018 at 10:49
by   Adil
edited Jul 6, 2018 at 04:40
I am from Morocco and an original Arabic Muslim. I studied Islamic law, in the Islam law a Muslim man can get married Christian or Jewish woman but Muslim woman can not! Thank you
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 20, 2018 at 11:16
by   jeff005
edited Jul 6, 2018 at 04:44
Dear Adil bro..

a Muslim man can get married Christian or Jewish woman but Muslim woman can not!
Malaysians (most) are fully aware of this Gender based marriage laws. Only Malaysia does not accept, but Indonesia does. In most parts of Indonesia, a Muslim woman can marry a non Muslim man.

And for your info..

Most Malaysians know about Temporary Marriage of Convenience by Shias Islamic Laws. It is only that Malaysian non-Muslims do not want to debate or discuss Islamic Issues in Public. Well, can say we do think out of the box and no longer living inside our famous Green Sea Turtle shell. We can hold our breath longer...!!
1 found this helpful

answered on Sep 27, 2018 at 13:03
by   Taha
edited Oct 16, 2018 at 02:37
I'm North Moroccan Caucasian Muslim. My fiance is Chinese and I have no intention of having her to convert. I'm happy intellectual man however we have a son, 2 years old and I'm not in the birth certificate but he got my surname. We are suffering like this more than 3 years.

I can't get a proper long term visa. I have to travel every 3 month and there was once when I was back to Malaysia, the immigration officers harassed me and abused me. They are hypocrite and unprofessional people. Last time, they denied me entry and put me in holding area like a dog for 3 days and one repulsive office slapped me. For no reason, I was held there with people that were suspicious. Soon I was out and back to my own country again. I've been doing this for the past 3 years without overstaying on my visa.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.