Divorced and want to change child surname?

3131 Views  ⚫  Asked 9 Years Ago
asked on Jan 12, 2011 at 15:04
edited on Aug 18, 2017 at 08:01
I am a Malaysia and have been divorced about 3 years plus. I hold the child custody right. The child is 5 years old and is with me everyday. My ex-husband will pay for child maintenance fee every month. He can visit the child once a week for 2 hours.

My question is:
Can I change my child's surname to either follow my surname or my current husband surname? May I know if that is possible?

Please advise.
1 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
11 Answers
« Previous   1   2   Next »

answered on Jun 17, 2019 at 14:55
edited Jun 18, 2019 at 15:13

Yes you can.

Please can you explain how it can be done with reference to the above @gabriana's case.

From the National Registration Department (JPN) website:

Application To Change Name [Section 15(1)] In The Birth Certificate For Child

Application for change of name of a child that is already registered must be made within one (1) year of the date of birth of the child
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   Next »

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.