newborn baby certificate

96 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Years Ago
asked on Sep 5, 2010 at 00:58
by   NINI

i am a mother to be 3 months later. i need adviced if anyone can help me on this issue:
i am chinese but my partner was iranian muslim. i doesn't want to convert, this is the reason why we are not lawful marriage. we are marriage in chinese traditional way:
1. can baby father name to be appear on the BC?
2. is my baby a malaysian citizen?
3. can i put baby father religion "FREE"?
please help..

thank you
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Sep 6, 2010 at 06:30
by   LoyerBrook
You still can register your marriage at Registrar of Marriage NOW. Don't wait until it is too late!!

You don't have to convert if you didn't want. The Malaysian Religious Body has no jurisdiction to control Aliens' / Foreigners' Religions and Preference.

The bady's religion can follow yours or the father's.

The Bady can live with you in Malaysia. Apply for PR when he /she becomes an Adult.
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 6, 2010 at 06:33
by   LoyerBrook
Typing Error: Baby / Baby's
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.