How to ensure baby gets Malaysian Citizenship not PR

3853 Views  ⚫  Asked 8 Years Ago
asked on Feb 10, 2010 at 03:39
by   Jane
edited on Jan 1, 2018 at 04:00
I have a boyfriend who is a foreigner. We are planning to get married, and I am worry about future potential problems for our baby:

1) If I get married to a foreigner and the baby is born in Malaysia, how to register the the baby and get a Birth Certificate in order to ensure the baby is considered Malaysia citizen not permanent resident (PR) so that he/she will not have problem getting a Malaysian identity card later? Put both my name and the baby's father's name better? Or just put my name only better?

2) Is it a must that Birth Certificate put both mother's and father's names if I am married?

3) Is it so if I am single (not married), then it is not necessary to put father's name and the baby still can get Malaysian citizenship and not permanent resident (PR)?

0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
12 Answers
« Previous   1   2   Next »

answered on Dec 21, 2017 at 21:20
by   Salve
edited Jan 1, 2018 at 03:58
I have a baby. My husband is a Chinese while I'm from the Philippine. We are already married but why is my son not Malaysian citizen. My son was born in Malaysia and we are married in Malaysia.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 21, 2017 at 22:20
by   jeff005
edited Jan 1, 2018 at 03:59
@ Salve

What is the citizenship/nationality stated in the Birth Certificate and the color of the birth certificate?
When you two married year/month?
When was the child born year/month?
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   Next »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.