How to get married to a Filipino girl & getting a PR for her

5004 Views  ⚫  Asked 10 Years Ago
asked on Jun 28, 2008 at 00:28
by   rubenn
edited on Feb 21, 2017 at 05:20
I'm a Malaysian guy who is planning to get married to my Filipino girlfriend. We are both 25 years old, there are a few things we are still not sure:

1. We plan to register our marriage in Malaysia. How do we go about it since my girlfriend has not been to Malaysia?

2. Can she apply to be a permanent resident (PR) of Malaysia before or after the marriage? If so which government sector should I go to apply for Malaysian citizenship for her? how long would this process take place?
0 had this question
Me Too
1 favorites
[ share ]
11 Answers
 1   2   Next »  Last »

answered on Jul 31, 2008 at 22:27
by   Joe SG
edited Feb 21, 2017 at 05:39

Congratulation! Well, I did survey about this because I'm in same status as you are now...

First, your girlfriend must come to Malaysia with social visit pass, bring her to Philippines Embassy to apply "Single declaration letter" from Philippines government.. She could do this letter in the Philippines but it will be in their language and you still need to visit Embassy in Kuala Lumpur (KL) to get it translated to Malay language.

Then once you get the letter you need to visit Ministry of Foreign Affair in Putrajaya to submit this letter together with application to get permission to marry this girl. Once you get approval letter from this department, you need to visit Marriage Registration (IC office or known as Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara JPN) in Putrajaya to apply for marriage application. You can choose to have registration marriage there in Putrajaya or at your nearest place.. but if you want to have the registration marriage at your nearest place then you need to get letter from Putrajaya marriage registration office, they will issue a letter that later you need to submit together with registration marriage form at your nearest place...

Once you submit all the documents, they will issue a letter stating you will marry with bla..bla bla... so you can use this letter to extend your girlfriend's stays in Malaysia at the Immigration Office. After submission it will take more then 3 weeks for actual registration marriage took place.

About PR, according to so called law.. Foreign citizen must stay in Malaysia for at least 5 year to apply for PR...

Hope I answered your questions.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 17, 2013 at 01:01
by   jefiance
I am wondering are those steps still valid as it was written years ago. Thanks
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 30, 2013 at 00:24
by   sang
edited Feb 21, 2017 at 05:40
How if the passport of my girlfriend is renewal pass visit? Can we use it in Putrajaya to get an approval letter?
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 20, 2014 at 19:34
by   vic21
edited Feb 21, 2017 at 05:42
I'm a Malaysian. If I already married my Filipino girlfriend, can she work in Malaysia? What pass will she get?
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 26, 2015 at 08:11
by   marie
edited Feb 21, 2017 at 05:45
I am a Filipino working here in Singapore as maid (domestic helper). Me and my boyfriend are planning to start the application of marriage. Please can you specify for us the things to do? And what are the documents needed? Is it okay for me to use my working permit here in Singapore to come in and out to Malaysia anytime? And lastly if everything is done, is it okay for me to work now in Malaysia? By the way how long to wait for the application?

Hope to get a good explanation from you..
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 21, 2016 at 19:57
by   Czarina
edited Feb 21, 2017 at 05:46
How can my Malaysian boyfriend marry me if I don't have valid permit here in Malaysia and my passport already expired. Is it possible, he can still marry me here without going back to the Philippines?
1 found this helpful

answered on Jul 10, 2016 at 22:36
by   ITguy
I have a similar Question posted Czarina.. can you able to advice on this procedure ?
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 18, 2017 at 16:27
by   yelhzaflores13
edited Feb 21, 2017 at 05:48
I wanna ask same question if there is any way to get married here in Malaysia I am a foreigner staying here in Malaysia for 5 years without permit and I have a boyfriend for 2 years (Malaysian), we are planning to get married but how? Is it possible? Please answer if there is any way. Please explain the procedure on how it goes, requirements and how to process.. Thanks in advance.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 3, 2017 at 21:07
by   Zaidi019271690
edited Mar 13, 2017 at 05:36
Just to share... My wife is Pinoy. Married in 2013, March. I'm Muslim and my wife is a Muslim convert. Trouble begins when you start dealing with their Embassy at Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur. They will ask you lots of nonsense things when you're trying to register your marriage there. Even when you show them an original marriage certificate from local Syariah court for Muslim and not from National Registration Department. Those documents were endorsed by High Court and countersigned by Ministry of Foreign Affairs still not enough for them. Really pissed-off!
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 25, 2018 at 22:59
by   peng Yong Jian
edited Oct 16, 2018 at 01:20
I am planning to marry my girlfriend who is a Pinay but I'm quite confused since this is my first time.

What should I prepare first? There's a lot of different info available from the internet.

Where should I go first since a lot of people complained that the Philippines Embassy staff are rude? How many days from zero to hero? From A to Z? From single to married? Is it for me to prepare everything in one shot since it's easier? How much is the total cost?

Any agent doing this or has solutions to this?
0 found this helpful

 1   2   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.