Single mother, unmarried parents has a baby

12644 Views  ⚫  Asked 12 Years Ago
asked on May 22, 2005 at 03:46
by   Jolin
edited on Apr 4, 2016 at 10:59
I am single, Chinese girl and I have some questions as below:

1. If I am not married, can I still get the birth certificate for new born baby?
2. Can the father's name to be listed in the birth certificate for new born baby since we are unmarried parents?
3. If the father is a foreigner, what are the procedure and documents needed to get the birth certificate for new born baby?
4. If I register the baby in Malaysia and the father is a foreigner, will the baby become a Malaysia citizen or obtain the citizenship of the father? Or dual citizenship?
5. If the mother is not married and has baby, what is the marital status for the mother? Is she still considered single or otherwise?
6. Will the baby face any problem in the future for example study and anything else because the parents of the baby are not married?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
75 Answers
« Previous   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next »

answered on Nov 9, 2017 at 22:45
by   jeff005
edited Jan 30, 2018 at 09:12
@ Emma

Personal views, non-legal:

1.  Giving birth in Malaysia, your child will be given a red birth cert which indicates born from foreign parent. Those with red birth certificate will have to apply for Malaysian Citizenship even if one of the parent is Malaysian. There is no automatic.

2.  The child will follow your Nationality by International Laws and remain "Stateless" until you bring the child back to your own country to register.

3.  Your child cannot be here on "Dependant Pass" as you are not working in Malaysia.

The best solution will be to give birth in the father's country which can be impossible if he is a Muslim or from Islamic Countries.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 12, 2018 at 20:31
by   Esk80
I am unmarried and I live in Holland. The man who brought me to here ran away with other woman when I was pregnant with his 3rd child. He even asked for abortion. So I didn't fill in his info in birth certificate. 
1.Is that possible for her to get Malaysian citizen? She has no nationality now.
2. Is that possible to not to let him recognized her? He is now wanna claim her and want to have shared custody.
3. I went to court yesterday,  the judge wants to ignore Malaysian laws and grants him recognition, change of surname, maybe later custody also. Is there any Malaysian  laws to protect me and my girls?
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 12, 2018 at 21:40
by   jeff005
edited Jan 12, 2018 at 21:40
by   jeff005
The above @ Esk80 has been answered via
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 22, 2018 at 01:35
by   Davidzet
Привет!  Класный у вас сайт
Нашел прикольные сервера ксс на этом сайте: :
<b> защита сервера cs 1 6 </b>
<b> сервера кс 1 6 скины кс го </b>
<a href=> myarena сервера css v34 </a> cs source зомби сервера
<a href=> иконка для сервера minecraft </a> создать сервер minecraft 1 10
И тут нашёл много интересных новостей про игры и сервера:
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 22, 2018 at 09:56
by   jeff005
edited Feb 22, 2018 at 10:11
by   jeff005

Do not try to open any of the above pages by Davidzet

There are  Trojan Horses  virus  embedded..

Russian Scammers???  On a Legal website..??  It is Ukranian Russian..!!
0 found this helpful

« Previous   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.