marriage status confirmation

514 Views  ⚫  Asked 16 Years Ago
asked on Apr 24, 2001 at 01:48
by   yanyan
hi I am checking on behalf of a friend (Malaysian) , who is being deprived from getting married for many years.

according to her, when she applied work permit in Singapore, by mistake her marital status was keyed in Married when actually she is not married. now that she wants to get married with a Singaporean man,
many attempts, it was rejected . Singapore
ROM wants her to produce evidence that she was not married. She does not know where to
get and how to get. how can she get proof and
can I help her to write to Malaysia Marriage dept. and what is the address.( she is illiterate). She felt so helpless.
Pls help!
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
3 Answers

answered on Apr 24, 2001 at 10:30
by   Surfer

Your friend should get a certificate of self status from the Marriage Department of Malaysia certifying that she is not registered with the Malaysia Marriage Department thus still single.

Which state is your friend in? Anywhere she should contact the nearest Marriage Department which is a section of the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara or Registration Department.

Here goes the headoffice address :
Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Malaysia
(Bahagian Perkhawinan)
Wisma Pendaftaran,
Persiaran Barat,
46551 Petaling Jaya.
Telephone : 03 - 79683200/1/2/3/4/5
Fax : 03 - 7565349
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 29, 2001 at 00:40
by   Bubu
Your friend needed to fill in a form together attached with a Statutory Declaration which is saying that she is still an unmarried woman/lady, and the Statutory Declaration needs to be attested in front of either Registered Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths for apply for the Certificate of Status from the Registrar Department. It would be helpful for her marriage.

If I am not mistaken, your friend needed to go to the Headquarter of Registrar Department (Petaling Jaya one) to proceed this procedure. The application fee for the form is RM 10.

I have a sample of SD, if your friend needed it, don't be hesitate to ask from me.

Good luck.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 23, 2009 at 17:41
by   26dec2009
Hi, my fiancee is from Malaysia (Pontian) and I am from Indonesia. Both of us are working in Singapore. We would like to get married and I need to register my marriage in Indonesia but I need a single status letter from Malaysia. Can you advice me what should I do? I already call the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore and they said that they can't provide this Single Status Letter. So can I do a cover letter and a Statutory of Declaration of Single Status certified by the Singapore Registered Notary Public and then fill in the KC_09 form plus photocopy of his passport and Malaysian IC and send this to:
JPN Bahagian Perkahwinan/Penceraian
Aras 1 No.20 ,
Persiaran Perdana ,
Presint 2 ,
62551 W.P. Putrajaya.
I just want to save the hassle of going down to Kuala Lumpur to get this done.

Thank you again for the advice.
Fax : 03 - 7565349
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.