400 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Oct 24, 2015 at 06:43
by   deskcanwin
hi. i had a one-night-stand with a muslim girl two months back. ( she told me she wasnt muslim )
she is now pregnant, and she wants to keep the child.

1) if i choose to raise the kid, can I do it without marrying her and converting to muslim ?
2) what happens if i do not acknowledge the kid, and do not sign on the birth certificate ?
3) i am not a muslim, and this is against the law under syariah , would i be subjected to the law in this case ?

thanks, this is urgent.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Oct 24, 2015 at 14:17
by   rayna
1. legally you're not the kid's father (under muslim law) so you can't get custody ever
2. even if you married her, if the kid was born under 6 months period after the union, your name will not be included in the birth certificate and therefore you're not recognized as the father.
3. no, law about sex before marriage in malaysia is quite loose
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 24, 2015 at 15:47
by   justice4fathers
Just do your best and be responsible financially for the Child.
The child is innocent.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.