Guideline for Chambering

1177 Views  ⚫  Asked 16 Years Ago
asked on Aug 27, 2001 at 19:09
by   faisal
I am a graduated law student in UKM. Now I would like to start my chambering in a legal firm. I would like to ask how do I start my chambering. I has been told that I must first forward my petition to the Bar Council and there a  numerous step that must be taken after that. I would be helpful if you could give me a guideline in this matter. I has read the Bar Council homepage for pupilege, but they never mention the procedure or the task that must be taken in order to chamber.

I will be regretfull if my question be answer as soon soon possible.

Your Truly.

Mohd Faisal.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
5 Answers

answered on Aug 30, 2001 at 15:42
by   Jamaludin
In fact you should just give the Bar Council a call. Ask them whatever questions you are not sure. They can guide you. They also know of law firms which are taking chambering students.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 9, 2002 at 20:10
by   Fara
Dear Mohd Faisal,

First of all, before you begin your chambering, it advisable for you to obtain few important documents. The documents are:

(a)One CTC (certified true copy) of your I/C;
(b)One CTC of your birth certificate;
(c)One CTC of your last official result;and
(d)A release letter from your faculty stating that you have obtain your llb(hons) degree with so & so CGPA and that you are a qualified person.

Please make sure that the above documents are correct before you filed your Borang 1 & 2.
Also please ensure that your Master have a valid PC (practising certificate). If you are not sure, please do not hesitate to call the Bar Council at this number, 03-26911366.
Be very careful when filling the forms & double check before filing is made. If there is any mistake to the forms,  you must make correction by ay of Affidavit Pembetulan which could be costly. Usually the Master will not pay for you because it is your own mistake. The complete form must then be checked by officer in charge in the Bahagian Rayuan dan Kuasa-Kuasa Khas located in Wisma Denmark, Kuala Lumpur. I is suggested for you to refer to the precedent file available from your firm where you chamber. Good Luck!
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 2, 2004 at 01:29
by   Pupil Masters
We are a small specialist law firm with 3 lawyers handling commercial and admiralty and shipping matters based in Damansara Perdana after 15 July 2004. Our areas of practice includes both contentious/litigation as well as corporate / non-contentious work. Our principal was previously practising in Singapore and was also a partner from a large Malaysian law firm and is also the author of several practitioner texts.

We have vacancies for a conscientious young lawyer ( fresh to 1-2 years practice ) as well as pupils. Interested parties can contact Teoh at 03-78807751 (Before 15/07/04) or tel:77108263 fax:77109263 (After 15/07/04) or e-mail We would be pleased to provide more details to interested parties.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 2, 2004 at 19:32
by   Ah Seng888
Don know how to spelling and write like a lawyer. Better sell beckside
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 3, 2004 at 08:52
by   Unni

You should look into the prospect of working in a firm with good credentials in Islamic banking as well as Shariah Law. The reason I say this is because there appears to be a wide open field not yet taken up by Malay(sian) Lawyers which is in the growing area of Islamic jurisprudence which is widely in use by several countries in the Mid East and North Africa.

Malays in general are held in high regard for their tolerant though strict observance of the faith. Their pursuit of knoweldge on a borader scale can only be matched by the Pakistani and Indian Muslims on the sub continent and Indonesians closer to home. These are perhaps the only other groups within Islam who do not eschew the acquisition of knowledge and experience outside of the sphere of Islam.

Most Arab governments would give an arm and a leg plus some to have good Islamic scholars in the interpretation of the law from more civil countries like Malaysia than a ranting raving flag waving graduate of Al Ahram.

Think about it, it is a wide open lucrative and I am sure veryr ewarding field. The alternative is that you could get lost in the maze of divorce law (family practice), conveyancing, commercial criminal and corporate law. Its been done and overcrowded.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.