Landlord hold security deposit for refurbishment

308 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Dec 2, 2014 at 16:17
by   Sad Tenant
My Landlord wants to forfeit all my security deposit and sent me bill for the whole unit refurbishment. I do agreed on certain items that I'm more than willing to pay such as cleaning fees. But she has also billed me on depreciated furniture fittings. I've had stayed this place more than 5 years, how could she demanding me to pay for the depreciated furniture fittings including flooring? Any guide of what "tear & wear" law in Malaysia?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jan 5, 2015 at 20:22
by   vkpc
The Landlord cannot deduct your deposit based on "depreciated furniture fittings" unless it is specifically stated in the rental agreement.

If she still insists, you can summon her to Consumer's Tribunal at Putrajaya and argue your case in front of the Tribunal President ( Judge ).
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.