Transfer of property

262 Views  ⚫  Asked 4 Years Ago
asked on Mar 4, 2014 at 00:35
Dear Sir,Madam,

I bought a property with my brother couple of years back. He passed away recently. I would like to transfer my portion of the property to either his wife ( sister in law) or my nephew ( my brother's son). Which is easier/possible - either to sister in law or nephew?

Normally what will the cost of transfer be? Do I need to get a lawyer or can I do this transfer at the land office?

Note - property's loan has been paid off


0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jul 8, 2014 at 00:53
Yes , you can do it yourself . Try to get the form 14A from land office subject to the house address ... do you own half-share of the house or full share ? and how many years the house had been bought ? because this might tax when transfer ownership ..
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.