Marrying a Malaysian in India

6122 Views  ⚫  Asked 6 Years Ago
asked on Mar 11, 2012 at 18:48
by   kriis
edited on Jan 9, 2017 at 08:58
My name is Ram and I am planning to marry a Malaysian Hindu (female) in India. What are the requirements do we need to be get married? I have my single status and no objection from my parents. My girlfriend also got her single status certificate a few days back and in it they mention that she is going to marry me in India. I want to get registered in Chennai. So can you please tell me the procedure? Where to get married? Notice period? How many days it will take for us after registering to get a marriage certificate? Do we go to Malaysian Embassy for registration?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
16 Answers
 1   2   Next »  Last »

answered on Apr 23, 2012 at 16:53
by   lala
edited Jan 9, 2017 at 08:59

Did you get the solution yet? I'm a Malaysian who wants to get marry with an Indian citizen and have no idea how is the procedure.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 23, 2012 at 07:20
by   velu
edited Jan 9, 2017 at 09:40
That's very simple.

First, you have to get a single status certificate from the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) headquarters, Putrajaya and then attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Putrajaya. This can be done within few hours. We also done the same thing.. after that it has to be attested in Indian High Commission before going to register in India. Once you done this smoothly, you will proceed next to register in India. Registration process takes place couple of days depends on officer in India. It took 2 weeks to get marriage certificate in my case.

Once you get your marriage certificate in India, proceed next step to register in JPN within six months from your marriage. After six months you have to pay penalty. Just give your marriage certificate in India (Must be in English), passport, spouse IC and photograph to get register in JPN Headquaters, Putrajaya. This will take couple of hours.

Every process takes place in JPN Headquaters, Putrajaya. Don't waste of your time in state JPN.

Easy process to get register in India instead of Malaysia.

If you wanna get register in Malaysia, you have to get single status certificate from India. As per India High Commission requirement, you have to get certificate from Dasildar that states you are still single and also No Objection Certificate from your parents. This looks quite stupid but no way. You have to get all this documents from India. Once you get this document then proceed to Indian High Commission for single status certificate. Usually it will takes 3 working days to get.

After getting this certificate, then proceed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia for further attestation. Once you've done this successfully then submit your documents with fiance IC and photograph in JPN Putrajaya for registration. They will allocate date for registration. You will finish of your registration game with two local people as witness..

I played this running game in Malaysia a lot and failed. But in India got success. So I advice whoever going to marry in Malaysia to think twice. Get marry in your own country instead without any problems. Please marry in your own country and then get your marriage registered in Malaysia easily.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 9, 2017 at 06:57
by   ramesh
edited Jan 9, 2017 at 09:04
Thank you for valuable answer. I need guidance from you regarding the Malaysian citizenship. I am going to marry a Malaysian girl. I am not much aware of getting Malaysian nationality for me. Kindly guide me on that.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 9, 2017 at 13:53
by   velu
edited Mar 20, 2017 at 09:56
Marry for LOVE and not for the citizenship.

Even the application for permanent residency (PR) is 10x harder than the marriage with foreign spouse.

There is no auto citizenship for the children too. Have to apply.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 16, 2017 at 20:30
by   ManMeet singh
edited Mar 21, 2017 at 04:06
I am in Malaysia on work permit. I am from India Punjab. I want to marry a Malay Muslim girl.. So if we register our marriage in India first then and later can come to Malaysia and register with Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) or Muslim court? She is from Sabah. Do I need to cancel my permit? My permit will expire on 30 November, so I don't need to renew.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 16, 2017 at 21:23
by   Azizah
edited Apr 25, 2017 at 09:33
Just go to the relevant embassy and Islamic religious department website and post your questions to get accurate answers please.
0 found this helpful

answered on Apr 3, 2017 at 05:14
by   Kumar
edited Apr 10, 2017 at 05:25
She is Malaysian citizen and Hindu, but her father's name and grandfather's name start with Mohd.

I am from India and Hindu, our marriage happens under "Special Marriage Act" in India.

My biggest doubt is, if she submits this certificate in Malaysia. Any issue will raise for us because of her father name & grandfather name start with Mohd.?
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 7, 2017 at 01:36
by   Fathilah
Thank you for all the comments. 

Is it the same procedure for Malaysian Muslim Woman to marry Indian Muslim Man? 
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 1, 2017 at 04:12
by   Jayathi
edited Jan 5, 2018 at 05:59
I'm Malaysian female who would like to marry an Indian Citizen. Please advise where I can get the Single status certificate. My fiancee is from Karnataka, India. Their local Thasildar rejected his application for single status certificate because they no longer issue such certificate. Who is the right person to provide single status certificate? I'm planning to marry Jan 2018, up to now where are still stuck in preparing document.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 1, 2017 at 04:40
by   jeff005
That certificate is only issued by the India High Commission in Malaysia. They will also give you affidavits to submit to ROM.
0 found this helpful

 1   2   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.