Banned from Malaysia after overstaying?

24530 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Years Ago
asked on May 10, 2011 at 04:51
by   Mr JJ
edited on Mar 28, 2016 at 22:00
If my Philippina girlfriend has lost her passport and overstayed in Malaysia then spent time in jail here and was deported, can she return with new passport? or would she be banned from entering?

Immigration officers used to say must stay away 3 months but I am wondering now they are fingerprinting all visitors etc.

Should she return with new passport? Is there likely to be a problem? Should she apply visa first in Manila with me as sponsor?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
168 Answers
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next »  Last »

answered on May 12, 2011 at 22:06
by   Mr JJ
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:01
Can anyone advise? Reading in the newspaper that there are 500,000 banned from Malaysia. Need to know if she will have a problem.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 8, 2012 at 07:53
by   Nora
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:03
There's nothing to be worried. I'm immigration officer with 10 years of experience. Your wife can travel back to Malaysia but must be after 3 months from the date of deportation. If your wife was deported in January, she can only come back in April.

Make sure, she comes back with passport and any other travel documents. Fingerprinting starts from 1st June this year, if your wife was deported after 1st June, 2012 she must stay in her country for 3 month before coming back to Malaysia, but if she was deported before June, she can get new passport from her country and come back at anytime.

0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 12, 2012 at 02:23
by   lazad
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:04
My Philippine girlfriend is leaving the country in a few days time, but has a 5-year ban chop on her passport. I am planning to marry her this December. My question is:

1. Should I marry her in Philippine? Will the Malaysian Embassy provides a visa for her to come to Malaysia?
2. If she has a 5-year ban, will she still be allowed to enter Malaysia if we are married?

Appreciate your kind answer. Thank you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 24, 2012 at 07:08
by   Kuching
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:05
Hi Nora,

Is there any way I can contact you for an advice?

I'm an EU citizen. I do not work or live permanently in Malaysia. I used to make frequent visits and stays using my 90 days permit and doing some visa runs. In 2011 I worked for companies located overseas. My job was carried out off my laptop regardless of my location in the World. I chose to spend most of the time in Malaysia because of my girlfriend here and other reasons (among which I can say without lying that I really love your country). For my former company I performed several business trips to China, for which I still hold a valid business visa. Since this year I don't work anymore for my previous company and reverted to freelance work but always for foreign clients never Malaysians, never with a business in Malaysia. I do not qualify for programmes such as Malaysia 2nd Home, but I do have sufficient income to sustain my trips or my living. I never overstayed. I "use" Malaysia as a platform to access other countries, make trips and just spend my money which is earned elsewhere, that's all. I even engaged in cultural activities to promote Malaysia abroad, especially among my nationals.

However, upon a return from a trip to Cambodia and Vietnam I was questioned by an officer in LCCT. I didn't have a return ticket with me yet. The officer said he could have banned me from entering Malaysia (I assumed blacklisted or something) but he told me instead to report to Putrajaya Immigration office and gave me a 14 days permit. On the temporary permit ("special") it's written "pim 7/99". When I asked him "what sort of documentation should I bring to Putrajaya" he was vague "up to you, convince them you don't live here, and a return ticket..". I'm a bit worried. Because I don't know what to expect.

Since you say you're an officer in the immigration department do you mind if I can contact you privately for some advice? I would be very thankful.
0 found this helpful

answered on Feb 7, 2013 at 09:55
by   john
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:06
Hi nora, I am also facing the same problem as lazad. My Filipino fiancee was banned at Bukit Kayu Itam immigration with an IM 96 chop at back of her passport. Is there a way that I can bring her back?
0 found this helpful

answered on May 2, 2013 at 06:39
by   lovely
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:07
My friend overstayed in Malaysia over 1 year already. Now he decided to surrender and go home. Is he going to be banned here in Malaysia? How long will it be? Is there any chance he can return?
0 found this helpful

answered on May 25, 2013 at 19:47
by   zana
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:09
Hi Mr JJ, just wanna to know how is your girlfriend's problem now? Is it settled yet? Does it worked? How do you manage to bring your girlfriend back to Malaysia. Because I am also having the same problem with my foreigner boyfriend. Now he is banned from Malaysia. I am really stressful and don't know what to do. Glad if you can respond my question. Thank you very much.

Miss Nora, is it possible if I can contact you?
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 3, 2013 at 04:56
by   john
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:11
Nope. There is no way to bring her back. Please DON'T trust those scumbag agents who claims that they're able to help you for a fee to remove the ban. Its all bullxxxx. I didn't pay any money. I have tried many ways but there is no way to come back once you're banned for 1 or 3 years.. just have to accept it. If you go further and still try, then you will be cheated and then you will regret for not listening.

And don't listen to this Nora character.. just another scammer looking for opportunity to cheat you of money in your times of desperation.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 2, 2013 at 22:37
by   global citizen
I got a friend who got denied entering the country back in April and got locked inside the immigration room at KLIA for 20 hours before they deported him back to the country. they classified him as 'being a prohibited immigrant under section 8 (3) of the immigration Act 1959/63. He wanted to come back to Malaysia but he does not know how long are they going to ban him from entering the country. Is it three months or six months? Thanks
0 found this helpful

answered on Sep 24, 2013 at 07:45
by   rashid
edited Mar 28, 2016 at 22:23
Every thing is going on here in Malaysia. Even if you are ban but you have AIRPORT SETTING then you can enter after paying RM2-3 thousand. I got many friends deported and after 4 months I got calls from them that buddy meet me I'm here in Kuala Lumpur (KL). Echo of IC scandal is still there in all local newspapers. Hahahaha!
0 found this helpful

 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.