Stateless, Green IC holder & no passport

2054 Views  ⚫  Asked 10 Years Ago
asked on Sep 9, 2008 at 18:38
by   Biebie
edited on Feb 2, 2017 at 07:18
I am a stateless also like many peoples. Holding a green IC and cannot get the passport also. I was born in Sarawak, got birth certificate, Unfortunately, just because my parents are Indonesian. They came here many years ago..without passport and also permission. My whole family were the same status. What should I do? I would like to be the permanent resident (PR) of this country. Why MALAYSIA no Jus Soli Law which mean no matter the parents of which county, if the baby was born in this country then automatically to be a Malaysian.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
8 Answers

answered on Sep 17, 2008 at 21:32
by   Sepilok
My wife is stateless also (born in Sabah, has a Malaysian birth certificate, but parent were illegal filipino immigrants). We have approached a heap of people and short of obtaining "fake" documents (from JPN, via "agents"), it appears that no-one really wants to help. I did look at these "fake" documents - but rejected them as I felt they would potentially cause more than they would solve. Unfortunately the legal pathway has, proved more troublesome, probably as expensive and as yet yield no results.

I am still trying and will let you know if we get any breakthroughs.

We also have a 50th Merdeka Day baby boy - who is still waiting for his birth certificate to be issued by those %$#^I* at JPN.
It's a real joke - when people find out my son was born on 31st August 2007 - people ask about the hadiah we got from the government and the truth is he got nothing - no birth Cert., citizenship etc. and all I want is his birth cert.

If Malaysia doesn't want him as a citizen - my government does, but it is difficult for them to issue him with citizenship without his Malaysian birth cert.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 24, 2008 at 22:36
by   BieBie
edited Feb 2, 2017 at 07:22
Hi, Mr. Sepilok.

Thanks for given me a reply. So, How's everything there? Did your wife apply for the Green Mykad already. I heard that if we got the Green Mykad then maybe one day can become a PR.

Please reply me when you really get the breakthrough.

Thanks in advance.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 1, 2008 at 19:21
by   Sepilokj
Hi Biebie,

We have finially got my sons birth certificate (it took 13 months) and have applied for Australian citizenship for him. We are trying to find out about the Green IC for his mum - but I am also discussing with my Government about getting her a Convention-Travel document and residency in Australia. Do you have any info on these?
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 1, 2008 at 19:22
by   Sepilok
I meant the Green IC.
0 found this helpful

answered on Dec 1, 2008 at 20:20
by   BieBie
edited Feb 2, 2017 at 07:27
Hi, Mr. Sepilok,

Regarding to the Green IC. Just go to the JPN and bring along the Malaysian Birth Certificate. After one month and get for the New Green Mykad. According to the Daily Express News (, the UPKO youth chief Arthur Sen said that "There is a big possibility that those Green Mykad holders will one day become PERMANENT RESIDENTS or CITIZEN.

Hope you can get to the new breakthrough.

0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 27, 2017 at 16:06
by   Srinivasan
Hi.. I'm facing the same problem. With Green IC and parents from overseas. I heard that the green IC no longer valid anymore and not entitled for renewal. anyone here had found any solution for this problem? 
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 15, 2018 at 20:31
by   Ahmad
Hello. How come they easily can get green if then PR? Must ask why the mother n father enter Msia illegally we must accept.?
0 found this helpful

answered on Oct 15, 2018 at 22:22
by   jeff005
@ Ahmad

There is no more greenie ic.

The laws are already in place now. Funny things happened only in Sabah & Sarawak only.

Sabah "opened" for those born there in early Oct so that they are not stateless children, but terminated that registration program in less than 10 days. There were a lot of fake docs floating around with no proof that those children born there but have not been living there. No hospital records, school registration records. A Birth Cert does not guarantee auto citizenship even if one parent is of Malaysian Citizen. Have to apply thru a process of naturalization. These are the updated laws regarding citizenship.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.