Student Visa

767 Views  ⚫  Asked 9 Years Ago
asked on Jan 11, 2008 at 13:16
by   Rose
Hi, will a person be able to keep staying in Malaysia legally until his student visa will expire? His visa will expire many months after completing his course. How many months at maximum will he be able to stay after completing his course? He knows he won't get the foreign student bond back from the immigration if he won't cancel his visa and go back.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
7 Answers

answered on Jan 11, 2008 at 19:10
by   Anonymous
Dear, Rose
since your English level are poor,so I try to understand what you means,
He is a foreign student,he can apply for a job with company job offer in Malaysia,
than he can stay in Malaysia.
or he get marry with a Malaysian with marriage register,//////

Message from on date 11-01-08
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 12, 2008 at 20:04
by   Rose
It seems that some people don't understand written English well, so I have to write in very easy way.

There's a man.
He's a foreigner studying in Malaysia.
His course will finish in May 2008.
His student visa will expire in January 2009.
According to the rule practised in universities and colleges in Malaysia, a foreign student must apply for cancellation of his student visa some time before completing his course; otherwise the immigration doesn't return Foreign Student Bond he paid in the beginning.

The question is "Will he able to keep staying in Malaysia until January 2009?"
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 12, 2008 at 22:21
by   housewifexpert
your friend can keep staying in M'sia under his student visa, but he's not allowed to work under this visa though he'd finished his courses.
normally immigration would issue visa perios according to his course study period.
he must be "lucky" to have extra 8months visa to stay.
the purpose to have his student visa canceled upon finishing his courses, is to send him back to his country rather than mis-use the purpose of student visa.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 19, 2008 at 01:33
by   Rose
Hi housewifexpert, thanks for your reply.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 23, 2008 at 14:49
by   Busybody
Rose, you certainly have a good sense of humour.  I can guess what you are trying to say.  Honestly, I find understanding my neighbour's kid easier.

The visa has stated the validity period and its terms, such as prohibition of employment.  The Immigration department is the authority in this matter, and NOT of the education institution.  A possible explanation on the institution's request to have the visa ready for termination before the course end is for its own administrative convenience.  It is common sense to expect the refund of the visa security deposit be refunded only after its cancellation.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 9, 2008 at 18:23
by   mw89
HI,wanna ask,is there any way not to cancel the student visa?mine one expires in april 2009,the reason is because i cant wait for the process which is 10 working days.I'll be going back straight to my home country and not stay in malaysia.
or anyone know how to process the cancellation shorter..any suggestion?
btw,what foreign student bond?i dont even know that we have one until i read the post.
thanks a lot
0 found this helpful

answered on Jul 11, 2016 at 18:27
by   leom
Pls I want to travel back to my country pls can I do that without cancelling my pass is there any implications at the airport?
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.