Singapore permanent resident selling property in Malaysia

423 Views  ⚫  Asked 2 Years Ago
asked on Feb 9, 2016 at 20:26
edited on Apr 6, 2016 at 05:06
I have an apartment under my name and my two sisters. Many years I've been working and holding Singapore permanent resident (PR). Recently applying for Singapore citizenship.

I would like to sell my apartment in near future. Can I just transfer my part of ownership to one of them? Are there any documents to prepare? Please help, many thanks.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Mar 30, 2016 at 20:17
edited Apr 6, 2016 at 05:07
Get the services of a law firm in Malaysia.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 30, 2016 at 20:50
Typically, since the property is currently jointly owned between you and your sisters, if you intend to sell the apartment to a third party, you and your sisters will have to jointly agree and to sign the sale and purchase agreement and other documents to sell and to transfer the ownership to third party. 
You can still sign those sale and purchase documentations as a PR/non-citizen although certain rules apply with regards to attestation/witnessing of documents signed outside of Malaysia. 

You may transfer ownership of your share in the apartment to your sisters or any one of them prior to the sale but stamp duty and other costs will be incurred. The preparation of the relevant documents are generally handled by conveyancing lawyers.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.