Foreign Wife divorcing Malaysian Husband

3785 Views  ⚫  Asked 7 Years Ago
asked on Apr 15, 2011 at 20:17
by   Lost
edited on Apr 10, 2017 at 07:42
I have been living in Malaysia for the past 13 years, married to a Malaysian with a Malaysian son of 5 years old. I have not got my permanent residency (PR) yet and still waiting for it. I am looking for a divorce from my Malaysian husband but I am afraid that I will not be able to have custody of my son as I am not a PR yet here.

I plan to live here and I am pretty settled in life here and in my job. Can anyone advise me on the PR status and how it can affect the custody battle for my son? Any good lawyer around?
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
22 Answers
« Previous   1   2   3   Next »  Last »

answered on Jun 28, 2017 at 23:06
by   VictimisedLocalFather
edited Aug 21, 2017 at 04:16
1. You should have police report on domestic violence or verbal abuse
Make sure it is a genuine case. Verbal abuse is subjective as feuding couples do quarrels.
In the event of the Judge feels that all those police reports are staged, a spouse may not get full custody.

Total amount will b around RM10,000 to RM18,000 depends on case.
Single Petition starts from RM6,000 for simple direct case.

keep all recorded (Whatsapp, conversations)
This is ENTRAPMENT, contestable in a court of law.

Keep your documents and babies document in safe place - marriage certificate, birth certificate, IC, passports, visa deposited paper.
Idiotic lawyer's advise (if any). The other spouse can claim there is intention to abscond by the foreign spouse. In any case, most courts will not give full custody to the foreign spouse. The children can be taken away from Malaysia. This is to protect Malaysian Child. It is in Child's Protection Laws and Family Laws 2017.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jun 29, 2017 at 00:24
by   Malaysian Father
edited Aug 21, 2017 at 04:26
The moment you file a Single Petition, I would go and cancel the sponsorship at the Immigration. And would applying for an injunction not to allowing the children from going overseas till the divorce case is fully over with the issuance of the 'dekri nisi absolute'. I would further apply for temporary custodianship and send your particulars to all registered employment agencies not to seek employment for you.

I would get a good lawyer and delay the divorce for say 2 years. I would be interested to see how many times the Immigration Department would renew the Social Visit Pass, now that it is now no longer Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP).
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 20, 2017 at 08:06
by   Ezra
edited Aug 21, 2017 at 04:14
I am married to a Malaysian Chinese, my husband is only 21 years old and I am 31. Our problem is his family, especially his mother. To make the story short, I cannot get the custody of my son, because he is Malaysian. As a mother I want to fight for my son's custody even though I know its difficult because I'm just a foreigner and do not have any visa. My husband did not renew my visa already.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 21, 2017 at 18:46
by   jeff005
edited Sep 11, 2017 at 09:16

I have replied your query in this thread:
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 22, 2017 at 18:20
by   Chris
hi i'am chirs and i malaysian ... my wife is taiwanese and she wanna have a second son custody... what should i do?
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 22, 2017 at 21:07
by   jeff005
Please write more clearly so that people here can understand.
Where is your wife now?
Where is your first son?
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 23, 2017 at 15:43
by   Chris
sorry. now my older son and second son with me ... and my wife come back from taiwan and she wanna to take custody both on it ..... i'am living in malaysia at elder son 7 year old and my second son 1 year 8 month. my wife left me because i poor and now she plan take back my both son on 6 month from now . Went she go back taiwan, she never give a single call to my son and now she come back wanna take my son away... now i have a job as manager on home stay and little business like planting a veg to sell. pls i really need your guild. please help me..
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 23, 2017 at 17:42
by   jeff005
@ Chris

Start a new thread and give more info or join this thread

To start new thread to post, register as a member. Don't use this stupid thread.

You can use this title

Foreign Wife Divorcing Poor Malaysian Husband

My local wife divorced me because I became poor and old and try to take away my son. If you have done no wrong, I  promise to help you to the best of my knowledge. I am also a farmer now. I hate child grabbing and looking down on us poor farmers. Without us farmers, some people may have to eat pig**** in the future.

Need to know
Yours and hers ages
When married
Any divorce
What she try to do now
What you intend to do
Any mediation process between you two now

Trust me, you are in good position to fight.
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 24, 2017 at 15:38
by   Chris
thank's god, i'am so happy can hear from you.. i almost cry went i saw your feed back... thank you so much ...i love my son a lot ... my ages was 39 year old and she was 35 year old .. i have two place marriage certificate one was taiwan on date : 2010/11/30 and the one in malaysia on date: 2010/12/16.. what u mean (( any divorce )) right now me and her still not yet divorce on the paper... but she go back taiwan more the half year without a single call or messege to me and my son she try to do was intend to take away my both son ....for me right now i just wanna to keep my both son on my side and on my little business i wanna to grow more veg to sell. For his moment she has agree to let me keep for six month but with the condition after six month my bank acc must have 13k to proof i able to take care on my both son. if not she will take back my son after six month .... but one thing i was very worry about she word or promise, because she always changing mind so easy. it mean right now she say like that after few min , hour , day ,month she will say other thing i really have a good position to fight or have any chance to have both of my son custody ??? 
0 found this helpful

answered on Nov 24, 2017 at 16:01
by   jeff005
edited Nov 24, 2017 at 16:14
by   jeff005
I request to change to another thread or start a new thread.

I can get you Full Custdy of the 2 sons if conditions are right.
I assume she have not yet file for divorce.

Forget the 13k. She mean poor fathers cannot raise 2 sons?

Pls write on the other thread or start new thread. I do not like this thread. Too many stupid things were written above.

There is one condition for helping you.
The condition is..

You must give/ allow her reasonable access to her 2 children whenever she goes to See/visit them.

0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   3   Next »  Last »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.