Scam wife

365 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Nov 6, 2015 at 18:39
by   Samuel Soon
I married a lady from Taiwan two years back. I bought a condo for our home. The property ownership still under my name but I did signed a letter for her that the house as a love gift.

After 2 years, I found she cheated me and has affair with another man. The most shocking part, I found she has married with a man in Hong Kong before me and there was no divorse case in Hong Kong with the Hong Kong Husband.

Will my property award to her in this case
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
1 Answers

answered on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:40
by   Ah Seng888
What you need to do is to obtain the evidence that she was still married to another man when she married you. It is called bigamy and is a criminal offence. As for the property place a caveat on it immediately in case she tries to deal with it as you did transfer tittle to her for "love and affection". If it is as you say, you have transferred legal title to her and your claim normally could only be in equity. If you prove the bigamy the title can be alter to reverse the transfer to her. But place a caveat on the title first and do it now.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.