Marriage & Divorce Law

337 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Aug 3, 2015 at 13:53
by   tgw7misi
I am a Malaysian, living in Hong Kong at the moment.

In 2004, my wife in Malaysia had divorced me; however, I did not traced the record from Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara since then. Recently I need the Single Certificate in order for me to remarried. Can any one tell me how to get the Single Certificate from JPN? How to check the marriage status via online, without present at Jabatan? Can some body introduce a lawyer of this field to me? I am thinking if possible, no need to go back to Malaysia to do it.

I will pay whatever cost may occurred.
Thank you with best regards
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
5 Answers

answered on Aug 3, 2015 at 16:53
by   jeff005
@ tgw7misi

I have a friend who has remarried a Hongkie and is a PR living there now

I hv just pm him
Here is the excerpts..

Hi Willy.. good morning..
can i check with you.. someone is asking me that he/she is residing in HK now and wants to get a letter from Msia JPN to have a single status letter in order to remarry. Any idea? Thks..

If he or she had reported his/her status as previously married, then he/she has to make a statutory declaration in HK that he/she is single.

Or simply submit divorce certificate.

Declaration and submission at Msia High Com?
In HK?

If he/she was single all this time, he/she doesn't need to submit anything

No, declare at a HK law firm.

Thanks Pal.... really appreciate.. have a great day.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 3, 2015 at 18:14
by   tgw7misi
Thank you for your help.

But if I do the statutory declaration in HK, can I use it in China?

0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 3, 2015 at 19:33
by   JeffOO5
Best check with the HK Law Firm.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 4, 2015 at 16:30
by   tgw7misi
Can I check my marriage status Online without marriage certificate and divorce certificate?

To get my Single Certificate, do I need to produce my marriage certificate and divorce document?

Thank you.
0 found this helpful

answered on Aug 4, 2015 at 17:31
by   Maniam
I do not think non-muslims are issued a "Single Certificate" for religious purposes.
The single/married status is reflected in your MyKad and updated in any JPN in Msia.
Still the updating must be supported by the decri nisi absolute.
And you must be at the JPN for your thumbprint to be verified.
0 found this helpful

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.