I want a divorce but am pregnant and jobless. Should I wait till the baby is born? How to ensure I get the child custody?

1052 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Years Ago
asked on Dec 13, 2014 at 10:32
by   Janelle
edited on Jul 7, 2016 at 04:25
I am married to my husband less than a year and I am now 6 months pregnant. But his parents have planned on splitting us apart and accuse me with harsh words and threatening me. My husband just keeps quiet and yells at me for no reasons. He has cheated on me before. He threaten me to listen to his parents do what they ask me too.

I am 24 this year and he is 23. I quit my job after I got pregnant. Since then I have been living with my parents. His parents accused me and my parents which do not make me feel good and unbearable to live a married life like this. I want a divorce and he is okay with it.

But I want to know if we are able to divorce since we married less than 2 years. What about allowance and child custody ? Or should I wait till the child is born then only apply for divorce ? Please help me. I do not want to be apart from my future kids. What is the process of divorce? How much it will cost? How the arrangement of allowance as I am not working now?

If you are lawyer and think that you could help please contact me. Thank you so much! I need help indeed.
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
24 Answers
« Previous   1   2   3   Next »

answered on Jan 11, 2015 at 04:11
by   Linda Khaw
edited Mar 27, 2017 at 04:55

Which statement was being referred to? 1 or 2?
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 11, 2015 at 04:18
by   Linda Linsey
"The father" is a reference

This is bad advice to the mother >>>> is a statement.
0 found this helpful

answered on Jan 11, 2015 at 04:56
by   John Irving
edited Jul 7, 2016 at 04:33
Possible remedies:

For mutual divorce, the father should add these as some of the conditions of the divorce:-

1. "The name and religion of the son shall remain as at birth until he attains the legal adult age of 18. The son has then the discretion to change his own name and/or religion."

2. The mother and/or father cannot and is not allow bring the son for the purpose of travel overseas without the written consent of the other party. (Anyway Immigration has a rule for this passport application anyway).

Not agreeable by the other spouse? DON'T SIGN.
0 found this helpful

answered on Mar 21, 2017 at 18:43
by   Anonymous
edited Mar 27, 2017 at 04:55
I think that without a supportive husband and in laws, you have the right to go through the procedure. But you need at least 2 years in marriage. Or you may try to get advise from a lawyer or advocate for your case. By the time your twins are born, you might or might not let him take the twins. Depends if your husband wants them or not.
0 found this helpful

« Previous   1   2   3   Next »

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy, cookie policy and terms of service.