My Malaysian Passport has expired and I have a foreign passport that isn't expired.

80 Views  ⚫  Asked 1 Month Ago
asked on Aug 6, 2022 at 04:06
edited on Aug 6, 2022 at 04:09
by   Sixnine12
I wanna get a emergency certificate and the consulate is asking for a letter to prove that I have resident status here. Obviously I have no permanent resident status but instead a passport here. Is there something I can show them that they will accept me to go back? Can anyone help? What should I do?

I don't wanna lose my Malaysian passport. 
0 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
2 Answers

answered on Aug 6, 2022 at 16:28
@ Sixnine12

I don't wanna lose my Malaysian passport
It is already too late once that passport expires. You can keep the old passport as a memory of the past.

The Consulate is asking for a residency pass (the right to stay and live) in Venezula) not Permanent Residency.

The moment you are issued Passport, you are already a PR over there.

Malaysia do not allow Dual Citizenship whereas Venezuela allows.

According to article 7 of the Nationality and Citizenship Act, Venezuelans with dual nationality must enter and exit Venezuela with their Venezuelan passport.
1 found this helpful

answered on Aug 25, 2022 at 15:54
The consulate is requesting a letter to confirm my status as a resident here in order for me to obtain an emergency certificate. I obviously do not qualify as a permanent resident here; instead, I have a passport. Is there something I can do to convince them to let me come back? Can anybody assist? What ought I to do? geometry dash
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.