Student VISA Malaysia [there is no such thingy as Student Visa] only have STUDENT's PASS Malaysia

302 Views  ⚫  Asked 3 Months Ago
asked on Apr 22, 2022 at 00:05
edited on Apr 22, 2022 at 00:14
by   jeff005

Please take a peek at the student pass sticker that is in your passport page.

It is stated as "PASS" not visa.

It comes with a MEV (Multiple Entry Visa) which allow a student to go to & fro to home country for emergency purpose or visits purposes to neighboring  countries for "educational visits or short tourism".

If come to Malaysia for Education, study only, not for R & R .. !!
(Dun waste your parents' hardearned moneys, unless they are superrichierich..)
1 had this question
Me Too
0 favorites
[ share ]
6 Answers

answered on Apr 22, 2022 at 19:26
edited Apr 22, 2022 at 19:28
by   jeff005
Further Info..

How do you apply for a special pass in Malaysia?

What sort and type of special pass you are referring to? Local Malaysians have to secure special pass to enter certain Govt Facilities and private domains. We need special pass to enter Forest Reserves (Hunting or trekking or scientific exploration - can be shot and/or jailed for trespassing). etc etc.

If you are asking what sort of special pass issued by MY IMI, there are many types.
Examples are :

Special Pass (SP) for purpose of exiting after overstay
Special Pass for the purpose of extension of a Visit Pass
SP for the purpose of completion of marriage registration with a local
SP for the purpose of completion for the application for a Student Pass
SP for the purpose of seeking medical treatment (Medical Tourism)
SP for the purpose of being involved in a Lawsuit (Scams, Accidents) etc etc
SP for the extension of “Seminars, Cosplay, Training Programs” for foreigners
For Student Pass extension, only EMGS can do so (issue SP) on behalf of MY IMI

All jailed released foreigners have to apply for SP (under security) to exit the country

SP for the purpose of making arrangements to leave Malaysia due to cancelled flights and exceeding the period of allowed stay due to flights issues.

Take note this special pass is just a memo.

The contents cause of action /application justification of the application MUST be specific. It can be for more various types of situations. So, can you explain the type of situation you are in?

Note : There is no such thingy as temporary “PASS”. All types of special pass have validity periods. Some 7 days, 14 days, 30 days (max).

Sample of a Special Pass Memo ( 7 days validity period )

1 found this helpful

answered on Apr 22, 2022 at 23:17


Even though EMGS have accepted your studies application, subsequently it can be rejected by MY IMI.

Note the above : The EMGS application is still active but is not yet approved by MY IMI due to "highlight issue with Immigration Controls".
1 found this helpful

answered on Apr 22, 2022 at 23:29
To all potential International Students :

EMGS approval letter does not mean MY IMI eVAL approval

1 found this helpful

answered on Apr 23, 2022 at 00:02
edited Apr 23, 2022 at 00:15
by   jeff005
Other notes :

Procedural policies.

For Student Pass application

1. Applications MUST be via EMGS to be vetted from educational credentials.

2. There must be a EMGS Approval Letter.

3. With the EMGS Approval Letter, MY IMI will issue a eVAL to the student who must be in source / home country.

4. The applicant have to present the eVAL to the MY Embassy in home country in order to get a VISA to enter Malaysia for the purpose of completing the student pass application. It is wrongly termed as "student visa". The applicant will be issued a SEV (Single Entry Visa - in sticker form)) to enter Malaysia from HOME COUNTRY

A "VISA" is just to enter 

5. Upon entry, IMI at checkpoint will stamp a "Journey Performed" in the SEV sticker.

Legal Notis :
Failing to perform the above steps can result in the failure to obtain a Student Pass.

Sample of "Journey Performed" SEV sticker :

Another Legal Notis :

ALL student pass must be terminated before leaving Malaysia
(same as all Work Permits)

Conditions of Termination
1. Either completion of studies (or work contract).

2. Pre-termination of studies (or work contract).

The passport must handed physically to MY IMI with docs (usually release letter) from College (or Employer) in order to obtain a C.O.M. (Check Out Memo).stamp in the valid PASS.

Failure to get the COM stamp WILL result in a Blacklist to re-enter Malaysia even on Tourist Pass.

Sample of COM Applied For stamp


1 found this helpful

answered on May 2, 2022 at 23:16

0 found this helpful

answered on May 19, 2022 at 14:48
There are only 3 types of visas issued by MY IMI



Types of Visa

The Malaysian Government issues Three (3) types of visas to foreign nationals:

1. Single Entry Visa  (SEV)
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for a social visit. It is normally valid for a single entry and for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue.

2. Multiple Entry Visa  (MEV)
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia mainly for business or government-to-government matters. It is normally valid for a period within three (3) months to twelve (12) months from the date of issue.Citizens of India and the People's Republic of China who wish to enter Malaysia for the purpose of a Social Visit are eligible to apply for the Multiple Entry Visa.The validity of the Multiple Entry Visa is one (1) year. Each entry is for 30 days only and the extension of stay is not allowed.

Conditions for the Multiple Entry Visa are:
The applicant must show proof of sufficient funds for staying in Malaysia
The applicant must possess a valid and confirmed return ticket
Tour groups are not eligible to apply for Multiple Entry Visa.
The Multiple Entry Visa costs RM100.00 for Indian Citizens and RM30.00 for citizens of the People's Republic of China.

3. Transit Visa
This is issued to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to other countries. Foreign nationals on transit without leaving the airport premises and who continue their journey to the next destination with the same flight do not require a transit visa.
0 found this helpful

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions by category or search to find answers.